1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM #1 - The Oni of Wankiboni

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Einin KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
    Spinette KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Suny KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
    Xenalite KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Gaijin: "Vanity Masque" ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

First Floor Oni ♥️ x Twenties

Wynry KO♥️♥️♥️OK
    Shino ♥️ = ?
    Second Floor Oni ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Xenalite catches the white devil's attack and the net digs into her, but the amazon tears is away with ease ((DEF < [3]; used free hit)) with only a few scrapes and scratches for her effort. She then grabs the blood net and reels the enemy in. Two oni get in her way—a knee bash and a kick with the same leg sends both demons and their teeth flying.

A hell-fiery blade whacks Spinette with the blunt side. ((DEF < [2]; used free hit)) She tears into the demon that struck her along with three others, then takes the chainsaw naginata and decapitates the demon directly inferno of her. She isn't sure how the buzzing blade works, but for some reason when she impales an oni on it, a shower of blood and bits of internal organ gush from his back. The mighty monstress is now wielding a naginata with a blood-spraying impaled corpse on it. Or maybe he isn't a corpse just yet. Corpses don't scream.

Einin flies over a gang of oni and gets by with just a few singed tail feathers. ((DEF < [2]; used free hit)) As she flies toward the tall, bearded oni commander, he is responding to Suny's comment of fun. "You and I have much in common. Now I must have your for—" Einin plants a talon in the oni's bearded jaw. It seems he has words for the harpy, but what comes out of his mouth is oozy black blood.

As he shakes off the blow, Suny skips right by her attackers and whacks him upside the head with his own arm, cracking his mask.

The white devil retaliates with a roar! Blood, shards of teeth and bad breath shoot from his mouth as it opens impossibly wide!
    ((SunySuny, EininEinin, MAGIC DEF [2] to resist the gross roar!))

The oni attack the more muscular heroines, but are afraid to get close. Spinette leaves them no choice, as she's too big to get away from.
    ((SpinetteSpinette, FIGHT DEF [1] to fend off lots of weapons!))

Xenalite on the other hand is in the perfect position to throw things at, so an oni throws her own axe at her!
    ((XenaliteXenalite, SHOOT DEF [1] dodges the axe, which you can pick up and use—no roll to pick it up; Fight Atk would be you hitting with the axe.

OPTIONAL: If you want to chance it,
    FIGHT DEF [3] means you catch the axe. If you roll less than three, you take damage and still catch it. For the attempt, I'll automatically add a bonus kill or two. +One kill if you get hurt doing so [roll 0-2 w/ Fight Def, +two kills if you catch it without getting cut [roll 3-5 with Fight Def], and you only get the bonus at all if your Fight Atk roll is not zero.))

Situation downstairs: A couple dozen demons remain standing, demoralized to see just as many face down in pools of their own blood. Their leader's mortality is showing, but the oni fight on…

((Round 4… ATTACK!))

2. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

[​IMG]

:( Blergh.

3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

[​IMG]

Einin tries hard not to vomit at the stench that comes from the monster's mouth along with the roar! But still she fights to take him down, reasoning the others will flee once their leader is dead.

[​IMG]

4. Legendary Sidekick

((PeebothuhluPeebothuhlu, Suny is still up—low on HP, but able to retaliate.

Don't forget, she can cast ice or lightning as an attack. She's better with magic than she is with fighting, although Suny did cause a lot of damage with that demon arm.))

5. pmmg

pmmg Auror

One thing Amazons are really good at...is catching things out the air...

[​IMG]
    (Or was that just deflecting with the bracers....)

[​IMG]
    (Rolled this again as I had a six in the one above. Not sure if that mattered)

The axe spins in awkwardly (obviously this critter has never thrown an axe before). 'Lite catches it in a backhand, but a trickle of blood drips pristinely from her arm. (Grrr....how was that princess tart so good at this?)

Does not matter, axe in hand, first a few of these currish fiends, and then demon thing is gonna pay.

[​IMG]

(Must be her off day. Probably the sand that has not quite been brushed away from her armor).

6. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

The foul ogres hurl their weapons at Wynry, and she frantically tries to dodge.

[​IMG]

She manages to evade each weapon, but only just barely. The whirring chainkatana nearly shears off one of her wings as it hurtles past.

With the demons suddenly being without weapons, Wynry momentarily has the advantage. She takes careful aim, draws her bow, and fires.

[​IMG]

She uses her magic to split her single arrow into three, each magically homing in on its target.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Legendary Sidekick

Upstairs:

Wynry is nearly cut to ribbons! ((DEF < [2]; used up free hit))—but she fires back, taking out the demons that threw their weapons!
    [​IMG]
    Poor Shino is getting beaten to death by the demons surrounding her, but Wynry keeps firing arrows until she finds herself with the an arrow nocked, but no surviving demon to shoot.
    ((Rolled 8 hits; there were 7 demons!))

Shino rises, bloodied and battered, but alive and in one piece!

"Y… you saved me," she says to the fairy. Hearing the commotion downstairs, she asks Wynry, "What about your friends? Are they…?"

Situation Upstairs: WynryWynry saved Shino from dying! TShe is free to stay with Shino, or fly out and shoot the demons that are downstairs…

8. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Auror

Spinette was figuring that she probably had to work out this whole 'block' thing.

[​IMG]

Didn't mean she couldn't attack, going after whatever she could hit with her pole arm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Legendary Sidekick

Upstairs

Shino approaches Wynry, and offers the fairy open palms to land in.

If Wynry accepts, Shino recites a prayer…
    [​IMG]
    ((WynryWynry can opt to accept the prayer, and can make attack rolls for downstairs.))

Will update the downstairs situation soon…

10. Legendary Sidekick

Einin KO♥️♥️♥️♥️
    Spinette KO♥️♥️♥️

Suny KO♥️
    Wynry KO♥️♥️♥️
    Xenalite KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Shino ♥️ = SAFE!

Gaijin: "Vanity Masque" ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

First Floor Oni ♥️ x Teens

Downstairs

Xenalite is cut by her own axe, Spinette is ganged up on by several demons, and Einin and Auny are blasted by acidic toothy vomit!

Nevertheless, our heroines continue to battle the enemy! Spinette's attack proves devastating, but Xenalite and Einin only hit enemies who get in their way.

Things are looking bad for our heroines… but a prayer in a foreign tongue is heard from upstairs, and the prayer echoes throughout the temple…
    [​IMG]
    Xenalite's axe, Einin's talons, Suny's severed devil arm and Spinette's naginata glow like phosphorous…

The demons are blinded by the light. They swing wildly, missing Suny, and only a few get close enough to the others to hit…

((XenaliteXenalite, EininEinin, SpinetteSpinette, FIGHT DEF [1] to block/dodge chainsaw blades.

SunySuny, you forgot to attack, so instead of botting/waiting, I'll just not attack you this round since the prayer [reward for saving Shino] weakened the enemy.

WynryWynry, the prayer from Shino was rolled as a 2, so you get a glowing bow for 2 rounds—assuming you accept the Shrine Maiden's prayer. You can receive her blessing and roll an attack.

No one will fall this round, so attack even if DEF = 0.))

11. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin yelps in surprise as her talons start to glow, but is quickly distracted by the need to dodge more attacks from the blinded demons!

[​IMG]

She swoops aside with ease and strikes back!

[​IMG]
    It seems Einin missed—but the phosphorous glow from her talons shoots out from her body as a ghostly kick, striking an oni with a SPLASH! The aqua burst ripples across the room, expelling the souls of three additional oni.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The glow from Einin's talon fades.

12. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Swining the thing she's holding 'defensivly'. (As in pretty much just swining it in a circle above her head)

[​IMG]

Suny closes her eyes, raises her other hand and.

[​IMG]

'Puffs' out a glittering sphere of snowy, icicle looking magic.

(GM edit per player request: magic is ice atk!)

Suny's ice attack takes out four oni, then spreads as the magic effect echoes!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    …encasing the gaijin and killing four more oni!

The glow fades from Suny's weapon.

Ireth likes this.
  13. Legendary Sidekick

Einin KO♥️♥️♥️♥️
    Spinette KO♥️♥️♥️

Suny KO♥️
    Wynry KO♥️♥️♥️
    Xenalite KO♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Shino ♥️ = SAFE!

Gaijin: "Vanity Masque" ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️ FROZEN 1 ROUND!

Oni DEAD

The remaining oni are wiped out by the ice! Their leader is frozen!

((Attack if you want to! Ice is the demons' elemental weakness, and a 1 will hit the main enemy. Roll >1 means you take out some oni in addition to the boss!))

14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

As Suny's ice freezes the demon in place, Einin takes the opportunity to attack while it can't hit back! Hopefully her talons will hit through the ice!

[​IMG]

15. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

"Thank you for the blessing", says Wynry to the real Shino. "I should help my friends downstairs. I'll come back as soon as they're dealt with, don't worry."

She flies back downstairs and briefly takes stock of the situation. The peculiar trolls all appear to be dead or dying, with an even more fearsome creature currently frozen in ice. Of the "other" Shino she sees no sign, not realizing they are the same, having been out of the room when it transformed. Nevertheless, she takes her bow, now blessed with Shino's divine magic, and shoots at the frozen demon.

[​IMG]

Shino's blessing is potent indeed.

[​IMG]

The ice around the trapped devil is starting to crack—
    [​IMG]
    —the cracks emenate a phosphorous glow.

Wynry's bow still sparkles with aqua-white light…

Ireth likes this.
  16. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Auror

It is quickly becoming apparent that Spinette has absolutely no clue what the act of 'defending' is. And it will continue to hurt.

[​IMG]
    Spinette KO♥️ ((-2 HP))

She still tries to hurl herself at her attackers with a desperate cry of "Spider Queen, help us!" And she notices her new weapon is glowing rather ominously. "That can't be good."

[​IMG]
    The glowing weapon saws right through the ice!
    [​IMG]
    A crack crosses the gaijin's beard!

The glow fades from Spinette's weapon.

17. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Xenalite is finding the strands of the weird things net stickier than she first suspected. Blades come whirling in, but she has her axe in hand now. She pulls against the creatures tether and leaps, evades and twists as she must to avoid them.

[​IMG]

Rather than resist the net, she grabs hold of it, and uses it to pull herself forward, springing toward the yellow haired monstrosity with her axe poised (Man and I thought Medusa was ugly). If critters get in the way, she drives a knee and swipes at them with her axe.

[​IMG]

But....it seems the creature itself is agile as well and pulls her slightly off balance...Heracles, she breathes out.

18. Legendary Sidekick

Xenalite dodges the oni grunts' blind attacks, and after Suny's magic wipes them out, she goes after the leader. He manages to break free as Xenalite strikes—her hit is only a glancing blow to the leg—or so it seems…

…until phosphorous cracks spread up the leg, and across his back. The demon turns, and it's unclear whether the expression on his face is a demonic shriek or an agonized scream. The only sound coming from his mouth is crack, crack, crack.

The bottom half of the cracked beard falls from the locked, lopsided jaw. It shatters. Blond shards slide across the floor in all directions, while more cracks form at the gaijin's throat. The head falls off, and hits the floor with a clunk. The horns snap off, and the head slowly rolls out the paper door. The rest of the body just stands frozen in place for a moment. The cracked leg eventually gives out and the body tips over. When it lands, one leg is bent in the wrong direction and the other is split open at the shin. Blood oozes like slush.

Shino comes down and says, "Oh dear... my temple is a mess."
    [​IMG]
    She nearly collapses from her own spell as she heals those who are wounded most, but luckily for her, she is healed by her own magic.

Spinette KO♥️♥️ ((+1 HP))
    Suny KO♥️♥️♥️ ((+2 HP))
    Shino ♥️ ((+1 HP))

She then looks around at the dozens of demon corpses littering the floor. "This temple is desecrated. I will need to look at the pearl elsewhere."

By elsewhere, she means a field not far from the temple. She opens the window on the west side of the temple.
    [​IMG]
    There is a field of flowers—several kinds of flowers! If our heroines look to the left, they can see the volcanic peak on the south side of the island. The treeline obscures any signs of civilization to the south or to the west. Somewhere beyond those trees (and downhill quite a ways) is the Maiden Voyage.

Shino suggests to our heroines, "Perhaps we can take care of our wounds out here, while I look at the pearl and see what the oni did not want me to see."

19. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Wow, says 'Lite, I think I should write that spot down too. What's an oni?

She pulls sticky goop off her arm, and rubs at the redness. Its good I was wearing my armor, she says, and then adjusts it. Hera, that thing was a little tougher than it looked.

What a magnificent garden, though I thought Persephone would be Hades this time of year...

20. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin too admires the flowers, but her current stink rather spoils the effect of the garden's perfume. "Is there a place close by where we could bathe? This lot won't exactly help if I want to heal anyone." She gestures to the filth splattered across her feathers.