FATHOM Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 14, 2018.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Funny thing about the black omen. I had four different visions in mind. The first is the one you would always get if the total of all the magic dice is 5. The next three had names (in my head). The one you got is "deep six," which is meant to be the Monster Hunter video from the leviathan' PoV plus what he does once inside the cave.

The other two are called "samurai seven" and "crazy eight." You can guess how the die rolls' total determined which second vision you would get. Given the immediate response from Ireth, I think the "deep six" vision was the most useful. (It's the only one that reveals the leviathan is, for some reason, protecting the island. Without giving anything away, the other two wouldn't surprise you as far as alliance goes—there isn't a secretly evil samurai.)

2. pmmg

pmmg Dark Lord

So...I don't think Xenalite has much of a sense of humor, so kidding would not occur to her. However, playing and writing out the minute details of some of these situations would be quite time consuming, and probably not all that interesting, so I am okay with giving a narration and moving it along. In truth, Xena would likely become impressed if they knew anything along the lines of martial arts and want to trade knowledge. As for the princess, somehow I don't think that ends well. ;)

3. Legendary Sidekick

The timing of all this in-game nudeness talk is funny for me. I just discovered Westworld. (Jurassic Park, but with automotans instead of dinosaurs—original story by Michael Crichton)

The "hosts" are often naked (they get memory-wiped repaired after being killed/abused by humans, who are basically playing a Wild West LARP in god mode), and surprisingly, seeing a one fight wearing nothing but a snake tattoo did not come off as sexualized. Just brutal. I guess the Terminator movies had the same effect. Robots don't care if they look like naked people.

4. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

WIll always try to have SUny be cute, ditzy and innocent.

Nothing lewd here, nothing to see... Moveing along...

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  5. Legendary Sidekick

I actually do see her as innocent—and totally appropriate for a nymph. Like I said, wasn't trying to go there. Human NPCs will react differently to her, but none will cross any boundaries.

And for the record, Shino is also innocent. She just never got so close to a nymph before.

6. Legendary Sidekick

Finally working on attack cards. My intent is to not have backgrounds, but the fairy's backfist to the uvula needs that extra level of detail.

[​IMG]

Will test print a few before committing to this style, but hue matching border and rough color is probably the way to go. I did this in about 100 minutes.

7. Legendary Sidekick

Hmm... gonna have to re-draw that uvula punch. I'm much happier with the fairy's flying kick and cling-on attack.

[​IMG]

pmmg likes this.
  8. Legendary Sidekick

[​IMG]
    I consider the one on the left an improvement. I was going to have her break through the teeth instead of flying into an open mouth, but decided the card has enough going on without broken teeth flying everywhere.

pmmg and Ireth like this.
  9. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

Will be postable in another couple of days.

The thermometer broke in my car! This morning it read -1. (o_O)

What sort of temeratrue is that! Negative temperature? There's no such thing! Is broken, I tell's ya!

10. Legendary Sidekick

Hope the heater works!

11. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

ALL the heaters work in and around my home thank goodness.

Except the clothes dryer. That's starting to die. :(

Much cheers to all! :D

12. Legendary Sidekick

Heading to the mountains tomorrow... I should probably hold off combat until I'm back (next Monday).

Trying to keep family vacations tech-free, which means no iPad/art either.

13. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

Have a great time! :D

14. pmmg

pmmg Dark Lord

Sorry all, did not mean to drop out. Life just got busy and this fell a bit behind. I've still got a lot on the plate right now, so I am not sure how much energy I can devote, but we'll see.

15. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

*hugz* Pmmg

16. pmmg

pmmg Dark Lord

Wow, Hugz for me :) I don't think I have ever quite gotten those before :)

17. Legendary Sidekick

Sorry to hear things are hectic, but glad Xenalite's still in.

I'm still on vacation, but I thought I'd at least post enough to hint at what 'Lite's gift does and confirm that combat is coming soon.

18. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

Hello!

Wishing every one all the very best. :)

So, ust a question? What do people think of my small tale posted => Flight or FIGHT ?

What should I have done to garner people's input/feed back?

Sorry for seeming like such a luddite when it comes to working things out. ^^;

19. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Lore Master

Leilani DON'T go to the VOLCANOOO!

20. pmmg

pmmg Dark Lord

This is always a tough question...best answer I have is post it where it can be seen (I am not sure this site does the best job of that), and make some friendships with people and form a type of support group that reviews each others work. Then you can send requests to them directly.

But...I'll be happy to take a look at it :)