1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 14, 2018.

1. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Yay! :D

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Hmm... Einin's 1 could result in one less something. Maybe the technical thing her "magic atk" does is reduces the number of people the enemy can attack.

You obviously kill more by attacking, so if you make up moves that use your worst die, I'll try to reward the effort fairly. Since Einin is looking out for the men, this roll will increase their odds of survival. (Less samurai will have to roll defense.)

Ireth likes this.
  3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Once more I am amazed by Xenalite's luck with dice! THREE sixes on that first roll seems exceptional to me!

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  4. Legendary Sidekick

So... Xenalite just wiped out more than half the oni from the left tunnel.

5. pmmg

pmmg Auror

I am not sure all the probability, but the chances that I will get a hit...very high.. The chances I will get a 6 or a 1, the same and more likely than not, but the 6 over-rules the 1, and makes me roll again.

One time, I am going to get 10 or more 6's in a row ;)

6. Legendary Sidekick

With 4 dice:
    • 98.77% chance of not rolling zero. (At least one die is 3+)
    • 51.77% chance of a combo. (At least one die is 6.)
    So basically, a 13% chance of getting a 4-hit combo.

7. Legendary Sidekick

Chance of Xenalite getting 10 hits in a row: 63.59%. (0.09766% for anyone else rolling 4 dice.)

8. pmmg

pmmg Auror

That's cause I was raised like a proper princess... [​IMG]

9. Legendary Sidekick

Xenalite got 18. All seven samurai got 26. Granted, it's 2-3 dice per samurai, but still, I rolled 16 dice total. Four times the dice. Almost 1.5 times the kills.

Will await PB's controbution before posting, but my vague estimate was "a couple dozen" and the party nearly reached that number (24) without NPCs.

The right tunnel will have a lot more oni, but since you guys clobbered the first wave, the NPCs will start hacking away at those coming out the right tunnel, and Einin's intimidation technique will not be in vain.

Ireth likes this.
  10. Legendary Sidekick

Off to Canada tomorrow, but I can keep the battle going. Just giving the fairy time to post, and I'll get Suny's spell right this time!

11. Legendary Sidekick

In Canada now. (Was on the road from 10am to 8pm!) I have limited access to the interweb, and will definitely not post tonight after a long drive and a few glasses of wine.

The wine happened after I arrived at my friends' house, not during the drive!!!

Ireth likes this.
  12. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

I've posted my turn.

How are you enjoying Canada?

13. Legendary Sidekick

So far, so good. It's the third year in a row I've come here, stating with friends from Hong Kong. (My wife is from HK.) Every time we come up, someone else is also visiting from Hong Kong.

Markham is like Canada's easternmost China-town. Some malls are bilingual (Chinese/English signs), and there is a lot of authentic Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai food in the area.

Our friends can accommodate guests, so it's an inexpensive trip. Just the cost of ~50 gallons of gas to get there and back again, and whatever we spend in the area and on gifts for our hosts: two bottles of wine (1500ml can cross the border tax-free) from a Massachusetts vineyard, Cape Cod potato chips (which amuses me—I mean, they're good, but funny we need to personally bring a bag across the border), and something for the kids.

14. Legendary Sidekick

Also, I met the July deadline for my card game, which was to complete all of the Fairy attack cards. I also came up with a design for every card back: Heroine, Loot, Quest, and Monster... and two other types that I won't talk about until I've tested the idea.

I'm hoping to have a 2-player demo ready by 2019 or Christmas 2018. I just need two heroine decks, a few monsters, and the cards I'm deliberately not talking about. Quests and Loot would be good to have for a convention demo, but if need be, I can test the game without them.

15. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Happy to hear you're having fun, LS!

Well, I hope the others' rolls are up to scratch, because I'm not doing wonderfully at the moment. ^^; At least I hit one?

16. Legendary Sidekick

Yes, having fun. Also, had free WiFi at the mall so I rolled the samurai. Just waiting for WynryWynry and I can post.

One samurai rolled 10 kills (the master swordsman this time, instead of the inexperienced kid who combo'd the last two rounds), so you will definitely beat the second wave without any NPCs getting hurt and you'll remain unscathed.

It's just a question of whether Wynry combos, negating the need for samurai involvement.

17. Legendary Sidekick

Also, while I have free wifi I should open a link to the suspiciously absent battle music. Every song I use is partially used because it inspired part of the adventure, and partially used because I like weird videos.

I don't know if any video can be weirder than that McDonald's themed metal band, but I think two guys named John might be gi...I mean, up to the challenge.

18. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

If all happens as planned, I'll be going camping with my family from Saturday till probably Monday. With no wifi, naturally.

19. Legendary Sidekick

Have fun. I happen to know the weather is great in Canada. ((Checks LOCAL weather...)) Er... except Monday. But Canada's huge, so maybe your Monday weather will be better than mine.

Ireth likes this.
  20. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Apparently we're leaving today, not tomorrow. Still hope to have fun tho!