1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM #Zero - The Boring Boar of Hyperborea

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 18, 2018.

1. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

[​IMG]

Spinette, trying to recover from the sight of a giant pig of steel tries to throw some webbing at eyes to blind it.

[​IMG]

"Take that! Talking is a free action, right?"

Ireth likes this.
  2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

((Yes. And you rolled a natural six. Roll Shoot Atk again, or roll Fight Atk for a "combo finish."

If Shoot, you can keep the combo going if you roll another nat.six.

If Fight, there's no possibility of add'l hits even if you roll nat.six, but I add a bonus effect if the combo finish hits. Total of 2+ = hit.))

3. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

((Be prepared for, well, another success))

Spinette
    [​IMG]

4. Legendary Sidekick

((Shoot again, or Fight to finish!))

5. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

Spinette charges forward with claws out in an attempt to really smart the boar up with a hit. And maybe hope it's somehow afraid of spiders.

[​IMG]

6. pmmg

pmmg Auror

[​IMG]

Grrr...a 2. Stupid Grimace was distracting me. He has mad axe skills.

7. Legendary Sidekick

((Still a 3-hit combo, pmmgpmmg!

Orc KnightOrc Knight, two possible finishes:
    A) Web the eyes, then rush and attack.
    B) Web the eyes, more of the face, and give your webbing a sudden and violent yank.

A sounds like what you did, but let me know if you prefer B. B keeps you at Shoot range—unless the beast charges. Both have different devastating effects.))

8. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

((Going with A.))

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  9. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry smiles as her arrow finds its mark, but that smile is quickly wiped off her face when the monstrosity turns its burning red gaze directly at her. Every instinct in tiny body says Move!

Wynry attempts to dodge what's coming her way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  10. Legendary Sidekick

((CorwynnCorwynn, you can attack as well.

Hanako, the other fairy who dodged, didn't attack because she's holding one of the Fairy Rings.))

11. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry shoots another arrow at the monster.

[​IMG]

12. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Deciding to try something a bit different, Wnyry adds a bit of fairy dust to give her weapon some magical penetrating power.

(That came out sounding a little dirty.)

[​IMG]

13. Legendary Sidekick

EININ: ♥♥♥♥♥ (Not OK from laser beam to the tail feathers)
    SPINETTE: ♥♥♥♥♥ (Not OK from rough landing)
    SWORDSMAN: ♥ (-1HP from being kicked by his impaled dead friend, which is literally adding insult to injury in one deft move. Seriously, sucks to be Sir Joe Swordsman.)
    EVERYONE ELSE: OK (Including the two dead knights. They're in a better place now, the Castle Courtyard in the Sky, where they wear armor made of a cloud's silver lining and joust on winged unicorns that never tire or die because they already died...)

BORING BOAR: ♥
    x Teens (Permanently Blind; Temporarily Impaled)

Einin takes a hit, which singes her tail feathers. The beam only grazes her—enough to distract her, throwing her attack off course enough that her talons miss the vulnerable spots, and rake the boar's armor-plated back.

Charging alsongside Princess Baldhart is the not-so-famous sister of an Amazon so famous, her name need not be mentioned. (Princess Baldhart was given an anonymous hint: the name rhymes with oosh-bag.) But forget about what's-her-fame, for this is Xenalite's day to be recognized for greatness. She delivers two mighty blows with her double axe—one with each blade—and follows up with a third blow. Which blade struck twice? (Anonymous hint: it's the blade with the most stinky, steamy, tar-like blood on it.)

The Boring Boar spins its drills—clearly ready to run the Amazon through—but a stream of webbing covers one red eye, and a second stream blinds it completely!

Spinette rushes the creature—clawing relentlessly at its face—the eyes begin to burn through the webbing, but a well-placed claw attack sends sparks flying! There is no red glow behind the webbing now. Just smoke.

The blind creature swivels its head left and right—the corpse impaled on the right tusk is spinning so fast, armor and chunks of meat are flying about!

Then a golden arrow strikes. Wynry follows up with another, which she dusts up with a twist! Her magic missile spirals out of control, zips straight up out of the forest—then comes crashing straight down onto the boar! The arrow is thick as an amazon's thigh, two amazons tall, and really sharp and spinny! It bores through the Boring Boar!

The creature tries to attack, but it's too blind to see what it's swinging at, and too impaled to charge toward Xenalite's unmistakable scent. The magic missile pinning the boar in its place will crumble into dust seconds from now—just long enough that our heroines can each get a hit in!

Baldhart takes three steps back, then commands her men. "My Sister and Addy's trainees can handle this. Hang back, men."

Addy nods, and but keeps her arrow readied just in case. "Ye girls want me to shoot, I'll shoot. But me Princess is right. Ye got this. Put the beast out of its misery."

The three men back slowly away—the knights to their wooden guardhouse; the wizard toward his stone alchemy lab.

((No one needs to roll defense. Get the beast while it's vulnerable!))

Devor and Ireth like this.
  14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin watches in satisfaction (and let's be honest, juuuust a hint of envy) as the spider-lady and the Amazon accomplish what she tried and failed to do herself. With the boar wounded and blind, she takes the opportunity for another strike at it! Talons don't seem to work on a steel beast, but she can pick up rocks in her talons and drop them onto it. And so she does!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

Spinette, feeling quite good at blinding a boar made of steel once again attempts to attack with her clawing claws.

[​IMG]

And finds there may be issues.

16. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

"Hee hee! Yes!", exclaims Wynry as her enchanted arrow impales the monstrosity and pins it in place, like a golden harpoon. She knows the magic will likely not last long. She flies into position, takes careful aim with her bow at what she judges to be a weak spot, and fires.

[​IMG]

Ireth likes this.
  17. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Unmistakable scent? What? do I smell bad? You all would tell me if I smell bad, right!?!...I don't scent. I don't even sweat. I am an amazon. I bathe in the garden of Hygea herself. Stupid Boar must be smelling itself. I will offer up hecatombs of its flesh to Nike when this over.

And it is this creatures great misfortune not to die at the first blows of my axe. Amazons are warriors born, with a strength and fighting spirit that no man can equal. I drive my knee into its snout and then crush its head again with a fearsome blow of my two bladed axe.

Not sure if it is time to roll, but if it is 'Lite rolls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And next time, it wont be gentle...

Devor and Ireth like this.
  18. Legendary Sidekick

EININ: ♥♥♥♥♥
    SPINETTE: ♥♥♥♥♥
    SWORDSMAN: ♥
    EVERYONE ELSE:
    OK

BORING BOAR: ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    (Permanently Blind; looks stupid without a nose)

Einin scoops up a couple good sized rocks—one in each talon—and she soars into the air. She loops around quickly, and whips the stones—each bashing the Boring Boar's armor. A section of iron clatters to the ground, exposing a patch of rotten, sinewy hide.

The unbearable stench causes Spinette to lose focus. Her flailing claws do no more than scratch the boar's armored face.

Wynry giggles at the trouble her magic missile has brought upon the deadly beast. She flits about, looking for a weak spot, and can't help but notice the stinky exposed meatiness. She looses a golden arrow—it strikes—bursting golden sparkles and chunks that resemble day-old guacamole!

Xenalite drives her knee into the beast, and smashes it up good with her axe. It's snout falls off. It can't smell anything now.

The boar's head opens up, revealing a cockpit with lights, buttons, bells, whistles and in the driver's seat, a grinning scarecrow—or maybe it's more of a grimace than a grin. In any case, he shouts, "Ya done spited the face o' mah war-hog!" He reaches inside his own straw torso, whips out a hand cannon, points it at Xenalite, and pulls the trigger.

Click.

"Haaaaaaaaalp!" He says this while facing the knights, who are now at their wooden guardhouse. He turns to the wizard, who is standing by the door to his stone alchemy lab, and again shouts, "Heeeeyeeellp!"

Princess Baldhart looks to her left at the wizard, then to her right at the knights. She scoffs, "Why would my men help you, Strawman?"

Addy doesn't say anything. She just shoots him.
    [​IMG]
    The arrow goes through his head, but the driver seems unharmed. He closes the boar's head.

Our heroines hear an odd sound.

VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO...

...followed by a

—BANG!

The Strawman's war-hog backfires and only moves two steps forward, then just stands there blowing smoke out of its ass.

((You can finish off the Boring Boar. Or not...

PeebothuhluPeebothuhlu, if you want Suny to be a party healer who is squeamish about fighting, that's fine. You picked the right race for a dedicated party healer.))

19. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

Determined now more then ever to repeat her first success on the blinded hog and with a startlingly new insight, thanks to the scarecrow showing it's face, Spinette, hatches a new plan. Leaping forward she goes to pry open the hatch with all her spidery might.

[​IMG]

"Hi straw man! I find it terribly inconvenient you aren't edible." She says as she pries open the hatch and allowing as much room as possible for someone else to finish the job.

20. Legendary Sidekick

The Strawman replies, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLP!"

((Still the same round... anybody who's not Spinette can act.))