1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM #Zero - The Boring Boar of Hyperborea

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 18, 2018.

1. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

With the hatch open, Einin swoops inside to pull the strawman out. She's not sure she wants him dead, but she can at least take him out of his machine so he can't do any more harm with it.

[​IMG]

((To be clear, that's more of a grapple, not an attack per se))

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Einin grabs the Strawman and yanks him out of his seat. It's not until she's well into the air that she and Spinette realize the Strawman was wearing a seatbelt.

Perhaps the scarecrow is trying to say something about that to Einin as she lifts off. But all Einin hears is a mumble before she notices the Strawman lost a lot of weight.

Pieces of scattered straw are swept about by the wind as they fall. Spinette sees the legs of the scarecrow are too limp to operate the boar's pedals, and the head on the shoulders gripped in Einin's talons is now a near-empty bag with nothing to say.

A brain falls out of the bag. (Now, it's empty.) It splatters on the ground.

((Enemy dead!

You can RP a bit. There's more, but I did promise Suny 48 hours to decide on healing.))

3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

"Oh-!" Einin yelps as she realizes she's torn the scarecrow in half. That was not her intention! Now they can't ask him more about the boar. There's only so much they'll learn just by looking at it themselves. As a brain falls from the sack-like head and splats on the ground, Einin sighs and lets the rest of the body fall.

She lands and looks around at the other warrior/hunter maidens. "Is everyone okay?"

4. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Straw man, which age was that?

'Lite pokes the pig. No meat on that, what a strange contraption that is. Where is the blood?

One like Arachne? a pixie? And something harpy-ish? What a strange crowd this is. The Gods must be playing tricks on me.

Apparently, I smell, so I am off to seek a bath in the waters of Artemis, I promised the Gods a Hecatomb of this pigs meat, and apparently there is none. I am not sure if straw would suit them. Poor little man. No wonder they are so weak being made of straw and all. Maybe a Hacatomb of Grimace...

Why would people want metal pigs? What a strange world this is, beyond the shores of an island that sounds something like mascara. Hmmm..mascara? do that have that in this land? I cant wait to try some. I hear it makes the Egyptian goddesses look divine.

5. Legendary Sidekick

The Amazon Princess says, "I have no comment on anyone's smell, but what doesn't stink is your abilities as they matter in battle. I'm impressed, though not at all surprised, by Xenalite's prowess. Addy, your trainees did surprise me with the pinning and the extraction—such clever girls! How shall we celebrate?"

Addy replies, "I'm thinking the lot of us eat out."

The princess nods. "GUARDS! We will need your guardhouse at once! Vacate the—"

"No,"
    Addy interrupts. "I mean a meal, since I promised me girls a feast, but what meat there is on the boar's rotten. Ain't there a tavern round here? There's always a tavern!"

Baldy shrugs. But whatever the Princess had in mind, it sounds like her guardhouse already has some activity happening inside. The guards turn their helmeted heads toward the clattering coming from beyond the door.

The wizard also turns toward the door of his own lab. It sounds like one of his machines is starting up, and from the look on the old man's face, this is unexpected.

((Out of character, I'm sure you are expecting something other than a picnic. As I said, giving Suny until Wednesday to cast healing, if she wants to—otherwise, I'd have simply triggered the next phase of the fight, which is the response to the scarecrow's command: help.

Please keep characters in the area. If you want to investigate buildings, you can move toward them as you speak, but before you can walk the vague distance from your current position to either door, the scarecrow's allies will show themselves.

Er... spoiler alert^.))

6. pmmg

pmmg Auror

'Lite flicks the slack of black oily ooze from her axe and stops cold in the street.

'More are coming,' she breathes. "Then I hope they brought fare for Charon's journey and that Tarterous can spare room for a few more."

She turns and looks upon the others who had joined her in the battle against the Iron pig. An Arachneite, a harpy, a sprite, three needless men, and a sister of one of the tribes (and a few others, I am not sure). "So whats it to be, sisters," she says. "Are we united in this? or do Amazon's share no glory. By Hera these creatures will fall and the Gods will look with favor on all of us. Are we together?"

Ireth likes this.
  7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin nods grimly. "I'm with you. Let's just see what else this place throw at us!"

pmmg likes this.
  8. Legendary Sidekick

The Princess looks at her men.

"You heard my Sister. I've no orders for you at this time. Do as you must to survive."

The knights distance themselves from the guardhouse.

The wizard does not follow suit. "My life's work is in there," he says. He reaches for the door to his lab.

9. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Suny:

Suny peeks out from beihd the tree where she's been hiding frmo all the noise, smoke, oud sounds and other large stuff that's been going on.

"Uhm...." She chews her lip for a moment before scampering over to grab Addy.

"There wus lots'a noise. I wus scared." She explains... Before noticing people's (Posible) injuries and bouncing oabout trying to sooth their ills.

[​IMG]

10. Legendary Sidekick

BALDHART: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (Not OK from being conked by falling bricks! / Wrestling a flying pig.)
    EININ: ♥♥♥♥♥
    SPINETTE: ♥♥♥♥♥
    SUNY: ♥♥♥
    WIZARD: DEAD
    EVERYONE ELSE:
    OK

WAR HOG from the HOUSE of STICKS: ?
    WAR HOG from the HOUSE of BRICKS: ?
    (Toughness / Flying)

Addy smiles at Suny. "Don't worry about it. If the world had more people who ain't crazy 'bout killing, it'd need less people like me who're good at it."

The knight is certainly grateful when Suny's healing spell patches his wound. He assures the nymph, "Whatever comes through that door, it's gotta get through us to get to you."

The pikeman concurrs. "If you want to cast any ice or lightning spells, cast from behind our shields."

The two knights form a shield wall to protect Suny... not that they can really block a giant charging war hog, but it's a nice gesture.

The wizard opens the door to his lab, fireball in hand. But the doorway rises before he can step in—

"Aw, fu—"

—and a burst of flames vaporizes the wizard as it propels the entire lab into the air!

Bricks crumble to the ground—
    [​IMG]
    —an a few break against the Amazon Princess' body!

All the bricks fall. Dust settles, revealing the War Hog that was inside the lab—even bigger than the first, and it has fire shooting out of all four legs! The only way to hit it is to shoot or use magic—or—the Amazon Princess demonstrates a plausible third option:
    [​IMG]
    Baldhart hurls her blade at the flying beast! It sticks in!
    [​IMG]
    The Amazon then takes a flying leap, grabs hold of her own hilt with her left hand, and with her right, she draws her spare blade and thrusts it into flying pig's front-right leg. Sparks fly! The stream of fire now sputters weakly from the penetrated leg.

As for the pig in the house of sticks, it charges toward our heroines on the ground. It has several buzzing circular sawblades—at least a dozen—sticking halfway out of it's rotund, papery hide.

Addy manages to shoot two arrows into it, but that doesn't stop the beast from charging Xenalite and Spinette!

((XenaliteXenalite, SpinetteSpinette, roll FIGHT DEF — need a 2 to not get sawed!

Everyone, whether you get hit or not, you can ATTACK! Only a SHOOT ATK or MAGIC ATK can hit the flying pig. Xenalite and Spinette can do what Baldhart did. Xenalite would use her web.))

11. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

((Finally make it home and find out I'm rolling defense. Well damn.))

12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin stares in horror at the two massive metal boars that come crashing out of the two buildings. When the time comes to attack, she decides to stick with what worked best last time, and throws the biggest rocks she can carry at the flying boar. Maybe once this is over she can learn how to use a bow and arrow with her feet, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pmmg likes this.
  13. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

Having been rather busy trying to take a trophy off of the hog, mainly the top part of it's cockpit, Spinette is taken rather off her guard and so not prepared for more pigs. Totally, totally, not.

[​IMG]

Though on instinct she does fire her web to try to take the flying one out of the sky (or be dragged along with it, whichever)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Oh, damn."

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  14. pmmg

pmmg Auror

'Lite, unafraid of the unknown weapons, makes no effort dodge. Instead she lowers her shoulder to brunt the attack and poises to strike with a two-handed blow to its skull? A mistake she determines not to make twice. Knocked back and momentarily surprised at the pain of clean cuts to her exposed skin, her mouth opens at the indignity. Grabbing the top of her armor, she adjusts it for more comfort (why don't these things have shoulder straps?), and then sets her gaze.

[​IMG]

The Arachneite is not your foe, she determines. You will face me. She pounds it with her axe, hoping to draw its attention and break its mechanics. By Hera, you will die!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Ireth likes this.
  15. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry grins when the scarecrow’s brain falls out and splatters on the ground.

“Well, I guess you… uh… I swear I had something for this… never mind.”

She flits about, looking for anyone who might need her attention, before yet another mechanical boar emerges.

Wynry sighs dramatically. “Another one? Really? Alright, let’s try this.”

She decides to cast some magic to hamper the machine, directing it with the hope of sabotaging those vicious saw blades.

[​IMG]

16. Legendary Sidekick

BALDHART: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (Swinging on a spider web)
    EININ: ♥♥♥♥♥ (-2 HP from blades against her exoskeleton)
    SPINETTE: ♥♥♥
    SUNY: ♥♥♥
    WIZARD: DEAD
    XENALITE: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    (Not OK from the indignity of a wardrobe malfunction)
    EVERYONE ELSE: OK

WAR HOGS from the HOUSE of STICKS: DEAD
    WAR HOG from the HOUSE of BRICKS: ♥ x Twenties
    (Toughness / Flying)

The saw-bladed hog rushes Spinette and Xenalite, striking both!

Einin makes the beast pay dearly! She drops stones onto the creature—and the second one hits a sawblade, which sinks into the papery hide and starts to tear the war hog apart from the inside!

Spinette tumbles from the cockpit, but rather than attack her assailant, she considers her unique ability to take out a flying creature. She shoots two web streams. They don't hinder the flying beast at all. Did her attack serve any purpose?

Xenalite adjusts her armor, and is ready to take on the hog from the house of sticks—only what she sees is a crumpled mess being torn to ribbons by its own sawblades! In all the confusion, the Amazon has little time to react to a pair of sawblades that leap right at her!—but she sidesteps and swings her axe, striking the bundle of sticks that holds the circular blades in place. Splinters fly! The two blades whizz away like serving trays flung by an irate waitress. One blade ends up taking down a tree before it's permanently lodged into the ground. No one knows where the hell the other went—

—or cares! Another blades-on-a-stick tries to run the Amazon through! Xenalite CHOPS! A rock is halved by a runaway blade. 'Lite's pretty sure the sticks screamed.

The third time, she gets a better look at the enemy: it's a red-eyed stick man mounted on a wooden machine with saw blades for wheels.

CHOP!

The fourth time, she notices the leaf beard. Red ivy leaves for a beard. How'd she miss that?

CHOP! (The detail—she didn't miss the enemy.)

The fifth time, she sees the hog-skull that binds the steering stick in place. She shatters the skull with her axe.

The stickman yells, "Whoah-oh-oh-SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII—"

Then he unceremoniously topples off of his hog. He might be fine, except that the vehicle tilts to one side, circles around, and runs him over. He screams until his log body is sawed in two, along with his brain. The un-stickmanned-saw-bike keeps going over the hill. A distant clatter implies it doesn't get far.

Hanako sighs sympathetically as Wynry casts three solitary sparks that don't do anything. They don't even glow. "Oh, I hate when that happen," the fairy says. But Hanako offers no spells of her own, since she needs to carry the Fairy Ring.

Princess Baldhart takes a stream of Spinette's webbing. She swings on it—
    [​IMG]
    —and strikes one of the flying pig's legs!

Addy tries to take out the bikers before they can run down Suny and the men! She shoots one—
    [​IMG]
    —then as the other two draw near, she whips out her spear and whacks one rider in the head!
    [​IMG]
    ((Fight Atk - Combo Finish!))
    —he careens into the other!

((Enemy dead!

Xenalite can use Spinette's web to reach the flying enemy! No need to roll a climb check—just ATTACK! Everyone else can fly and/or shoot or use magic!))

17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin remains mostly airborne, tho she does swoop down to pick up more rocks and hurl them at the remaining war-hog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. pmmg

pmmg Auror

'Lite thinks she should write down that spot where she hit the saw pig, but then she does not write so....

The strand of webbing comes close and flying pig close with it. Xenalite gives her fearsome war cry (Yip! Yip! Yip! Yip! Yip! Yip! Yip!), hurls her axe at it, which she is quite adept at, and then grabs the web, planting her feet and hoping to pull the pig down (or at least prevent it from leaving).

Hurled Axe:
    [​IMG]

(Grabbing web strand and pulling hard, I think is a freebie, but...)
    [​IMG]
    (I'll roll the rest, but I don't think its really an attack).

By the Gods of Olympus, only when pigs fly will you escape amazon wrath!

Er...or maybe when hamsters roll dice or bikini's stop being armor... Meh...Die PIG!

19. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

Spinette tries once again to do anything to help bring down the flying war pig. Perhaps she shouldn't have taken the coffee on the way to here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  20. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

Analysis: Arrival, late.

Defintly looks down at the three glowing rings. "You want me to go through there?" She says to Nissa.

Recommended Protocol: Alternative A: Leave unceremoniously. Magic does not make an acceptable greeting.

Rejected. Defintly had received an invitation too polite to turn away now. "Definitly, please help us in a challenge with the Boring Bore of Hyperborea. Sincerely, the Sidekick of Legends Past." There was no turning down a message from the fax machine that sometimes printed from her upper left arm.

Alternative B: Complain, but go through the magic hoops. Accepted.

"Magic of this nature sometimes give my metal a shine." She said to Nissa. "If I then have to dirty up a beautiful shine I will not be held responsible." She wobbled up to the rings and stepped into them.

Protocol B, successful.

- - - - -

Tin Pig. With drills. Boring into the earth.

Just. Like. Her.

Recommend Protocol: Enter into a state of shock for a prolonged period of time. Accepted.

- - - - -

Defintly started banging her head with her hand. The pig head opened up. Shouldn't hers, too?

Where was her straw man with a brain? It didn't make sense. It was like her wasn't it?

- - - - -

Now there were other pigs. Now there was chaos in the earth. Now there was a pig in the air.

There wasn't much she could do, but she had to try. She had to catch the strawman, she had to get answers.

She shoved one arm into the ground and pointed the other at the flying bore. Shoot, rocks, shoot! The drill broke up a hole into the ground which her other hand sprayed as rock and dirt towards her target.

[​IMG]

Legendary Sidekick, Ireth and pmmg like this.