1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM #Zero - The Boring Boar of Hyperborea

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 18, 2018.

1. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Frustrated by the lack of results, Wynry tries her spell again with more "oomph" this time.

[​IMG]

2. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Suny continues to scamper adn run about trying to help peoples...

[​IMG]

3. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

BALDHART: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    EININ: ♥♥♥♥♥
    HANAKO: ♥♥
    (Not OK / Losing Altitude!)
    SPINETTE: ♥♥♥♥♥
    SUNY: ♥♥
    (-1HP from Sacrificial Maiden)
    WIZARD: DEAD
    XENALITE: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    EVERYONE ELSE:
    OK

WAR HOGS from the HOUSE of STICKS: DEAD
    WAR HOG from the HOUSE of BRICKS: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    (Toughness / NOT Flying)

Einin drops rocks on the flying pig! Between the rocks and fairies casting spells to weaken the engines...
    [​IMG]
    ...the mech beast decides to respond in kind, firing a wet, sticky substance from its Nostril Cannons!

((EininEinin, WynryWynry, roll a 2 w/ SHOOT DEF to avoid getting snotted out of the sky!))
    [​IMG]
    Hanako is covered in green goop!

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!" the little fairy cries out as she desperately tries to maintain altitude, or at least not fall too fast!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Xenalite and Baldhart both have the same idea: ditch the blades (hurling them and sticking the big pig) and yank on the web to take down the hog. Spinette was TRYING to do that until the amazons took the web like they have a right to just take it (which they might according to Amazon Law, but anyway) ...the arachne easily spins another.

The combined strength of amazons and monstress seems to be equal to that of the big big and it's remaining engines. Addison decides to take out another leg with an explosive arrow...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...AND THE PIG FALLS CRASHES TO THE EARTH!—flat on its BACK!

Suny rewards Spinette's moment of triumph with a blast of healing, wearing herself down in the process.

Definitely uses her tools to pelt the downed pig with rocks, but they bounce off of the thick hide. ((Need a 2 to hit.))

The big pig is miffed. So miffed his belly gun turret fires lots of tiny projectiles at everyone nearby. He also tries kicking the fembot, though half-heartedly since she's rather bucket-like, and doesn't kicking the bucket mean...?

((The following players need to roll a 1 w/ SHOOT DEF or take 3 DAMAGE! SunySuny, SpinetteSpinette, XenaliteXenalite, BaldhartBaldhart ...aw, crap. That's me.
    [​IMG]

DefintlyDefintly, the pig tries swatting you. Roll FIGHT DEF!

And as long as you don't get KO'd, ATTACK or be helpful!))

4. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin swerves away from the glob of pig snot that threatens to knock her out of the sky...

[​IMG]

...or not! She tumbles earthward, wings flailing! But she keeps on toward the downed hog, determined to help take it out of action if she has to blunt her talons on its metal hide to do it! But first, to be rid of this goop!

[​IMG]

((I don't think that worked...))

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

Spinette now found herself trying to avoid a pig shooting projectiles that she hoped was just bullets. Who knew what could come out of metal war pigs?

[​IMG]

6. Legendary Sidekick

((EininEinin is falling!

SpinetteSpinette quickly skitters aside as dustclouds and sparks burst beneath her spindly legs! She is unharmed!—and in position to retaliate! [ATTACK]))

7. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Suny valiantly tries to scamper under the falling fae...

[​IMG]

I gotch'a! I gotch'a!"

8. Legendary Sidekick

((SunySuny escapes harm, and spreads her arms to catch a falling fairy or two!

I might have asked for Shoot Def, but it's 2e5 either way, so I'll count it.))

9. pmmg

pmmg Auror

"Lite merely holds up her bracer and deflects its tiny projectiles on its impenetrable surface.

[​IMG]

10. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

*Nods* I was trying to work out which roll to go with for deliberately catching somthing....... Kind of thought "I know! What a GREAT plan! I'll deliberately get hit in the head by a falling fairy! What could possibly go wrong? :D

11. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

The pig crashes into Defintly and she thrusts her hands out to defend herself, squirming and looking away in fear...

[​IMG]

...but she forgot that hands make a terrible defense when they're still drills made to burrow into the pig-thing's hide.

[​IMG]

She stands there in terror as the pig lunges itself onto her drills and shards of metal splinter off all around her in a horrible crunching sound.

Ireth likes this.
  12. Legendary Sidekick

((WynryWynry, you are free to still roll shoot def. Roll a 2+, you're flying and able to act.

If you don't roll a 2+, Suny is trying to catch you.

I will post tonight...))

13. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

Spinette, having succeeded in dodging bullets, comes to attack that attacking boar, ushering a cry of "For the Spider Queen!" she charges in with claws out.

[​IMG]

This could have gone better.

14. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry attempts to dodge the boar boogers coming straight at her.

[​IMG]

Alas, she is too slow. Wynry is now entangled with mechanical snot (which ought not be possible). "Ew! Ew! Ew! Ewwww!", she wails as she tumbles out of the air, fluttering her wings uselessly.

15. Legendary Sidekick

ADDISON: ♥♥♥♥♥OK
    BALDHART: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    DEFINTLY: ♥♥♥♥♥OK
    EININ: ♥♥♥♥♥
    (-2HP from rough landing / +2HP from Hanako's spell)
    HANAKO: ♥ (Safe in Suny's hand! / -1HP from Sacrificial Maiden)
    KNIGHT w/ SPEAR: ♥♥
    KNIGHT w/ SWORD: ♥♥
    SPINETTE: ♥♥♥♥♥
    SUNY: ♥♥♥
    (+1HP from Hanako's spell)
    WIZARD: DEAD
    WYNRY: ♥♥
    (Safe in Suny's hand!)
    XENALITE: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

WAR HOG of the STRAWMAN: DEAD
    WAR HOGS from the HOUSE of STICKS: DEAD
    WAR HOG from the HOUSE of BRICKS: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    (Toughness / ATTEMPTING TO SURRENDER!)

The flying heroines are unable to fly! Einin falls to the ground HARD, but the fairies are rescued as Suny dashes forward—dodging bullets AND a flailing attack meant for Defintly—and catches the fairies! Her soft skin feels like falling into water. The unharmed Hanako giggles and, to show her gratitude for Suny's valiance, she sacrifices some of her own life force to heal Suny.
    [​IMG]
    Einin is no longer in pain from her crash landing, as life energy from the fairy's spell heals her as well.

Those on the ground dash away from the bullets, except Xenalite, who deflects them!

Spinette, Baldy, Addy and the men attack. The Huntress and her Princess manage to crack the pig's armor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Defintly seems to damage the boar by accident, boring a hole into the attacking limb. The pig's "hand" reels back—and the big pig slaps its own face, shattering one eye, which is was apparently a window.

There is a mechanical voice:

"WIZARD DEFEATED. CONFIRMED. WIZARD DEFEATED. ABORT ATTACK. ABORT. ABORT."

A creature slowly crawls out of the broken window. He is a seven-foot-tall construct made of gold bricks with a torn piece of paper stuck to his heel. He raises his massive brick arms into the air. One fist is clenched, but clearly not poised to attack...

((The big pig's driver is at your mercy!))

16. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

Defintly peeks her eyes out above her arms and quietly takes a few steps back.

The giant tin thing just punched off its own head, and now a giant gold thing was climbing out of it.

Recommended Protocol: ......?

Crap.

17. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

"This is not how I saw this day going." Spinette said, clambering over the mutilated mess and grabbing the brain and slipping it into her pack for a later lunch. She looks over the golden brick construct as she goes back to trying to rip off her trophy. "Maybe make it give us a hand and a leg for the trouble it put us through." She said, straining and fighting to take off the cockpit head of the boar she'd blinded with her claws. Trophy's were supposed to be fashionable with these sorts.

18. pmmg

pmmg Auror

So the little brick man attacks us with has armored pig, kills the wizard, tries to kill us, threatens all these innocent people, and then thinks he gets to climb out and raise his fist?

'Lite steps in and pounds him. One blow to send him reeling from his feet and hopefully to reconsider his role in all of this.

[​IMG]

'You can surrender on your knees, little man, till then, contraption or no, amazons will not yield.'

Then she slings back her ponytail, and glares, her fists clenched.

19. Legendary Sidekick

Xenalite sufficiently clobbers the brick man, knocking him on his shiny, square buttocks. He keeps one fist clenched as he—slowly—puts his hands on the ground and props himself on his knees.

The Princess seems impressed by the handle our heroines have on the situation. She orders her men to continue protecting the nymph. Addison's arrow is nocked, but held and aimed slightly to one side of the kneeling brickman.

He speaks:
    "MY NAME IS 'BRICKS' CHITOWSKI, FORMERLY SIR BRICHARD CHITOWSKI, KILLED IN ACTION BY A GARGANTUAN BREEL. THE WIZARDS PRESERVED MY BRAIN. I WAS REVIVED, BUT THE WIZARDS DEMANDED PAYMENT."

The brick-man opens his fist, revealing a long strip of paper.

The Princess takes it and reads it aloud.
    The paper is torn (the other bit still attached to the golem's heel, and unreadable). Bricks Chitowski explains the rest:

"THE WIZARDS INTENDED TO REPLACE YOUR BRAIN WITH ANOTHER, AND HEAL YOUR BODY. YOU WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO RULE. YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN YOU, AND MY MEMORY OF YOUR FATE WOULD HAVE BEEN ERASED.

MY PROGRAM WAS EXTRACTED DUE TO A MALFUNCTION. I AM NO LONGER COMPELLED TO FOLLOW ORDERS.

I HAVE FREE WILL.

I CHOOSE NOT TO ATTACK, EVEN IF YOUR WOMEN CHOOSE TO KILL ME.
    "

The Princess seems satisfied with the explanation. Yet she says to our heroines, "Make your choice, ladies."

20. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin listens to the brick-man in silence. At Baldhart's final statement she shakes her head. "He surrendered. I won't try to harm him again."