1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

FATHOM #Zero - The Boring Boar of Hyperborea

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, May 18, 2018.

1. Peebothuhlu

Peebothuhlu Troubadour

Suny skips about the deck happily sowing off her new ribbon.

"Looky! It's all kinds'a colours!" The tanned lass cheerfully explains showing the item off to best effect. Letting her freinds see how, with but a twitch, the strip of fabric changes from one hue to another.

Eventually Suny settles... Or more 'perches' on the chair indicated and tucks into the greens.

"If'n i'd know about tha' vittles. I would'a gone fishin'." She suggests to Heph.

2. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Einin moves to sit down, then pauses and looks between the chair and her plate of food. Etiquette says to sit upright while eating, and to use cutlery rather than shoving her face into the food... But what to do when she doesn't have hands to use like the others do?

"...Would anyone be offended if I ate with my feet?"

3. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Maester

Coming in with her gift that had been given, and which she'd nearly forgotten, a pearl necklace with strange colored pearls on it, one pure white, one is amber, one is rusty red, one is indigo and one is black. Close enough to a trophy that Spinette bothers to wear it, thankful, if confused by it. She takes her spot at the table and see's only the greens and nods.

"Can eat however you like." She tells Einin, reaching into her bag and pulling out her coffee mug and the brain she'd picked up. "Any tequila? Or a straw? I'd like to make a brainy colada to go with this. As for fishing, ever need a net I can make one."

4. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

At the head of the table, a wooden mermaid—the very same you saw as the figurehead—rises through the deck, through her own chair, swimming through the solid wooden structures without disturbing them.

Her hair appears to be brown roots, cascading down her wooden skin and over her breasts. Her eyes are amber, her skin is barkless cedar from the waist up. Below the waist, her mermaid tail is scaled like a pineapple. She gives off an aroma of cedar and pineapple.

"Welcome to the Maiden Voyage," she says as she settles into her place at the table, "Peggy Finn is my maiden name, though I am getting used to Peggy Lukehot. Anyway, you may call me Cap'n Peggy, or just Cap'n—or just Peggy.

"My father was a merman and my ma was a dryad, so I'm blessed with an abundance of nature magic, but cursed with dependency on seawater and such buoyancy I cannot possibly submerge myself... unless I'm wrapped in stone."

Her husband's stone cheeks give off a dim lava-orange glow. This must be how a walking volcano blushes.

The dryad-mermaid-captain goes on, "If any of you were wondering, free ship, what's the catch? Well, I'm it. The Amazon Princess is settling, I need to stay at sea so she asked her Huntress to test some women worthy of an Amazonian ship.

"You passed with flying colors, and now that I have a crew, the Princess can justify me sailing about on her—well, now our ship."

5. pmmg

pmmg Auror

'Lite has clearly entered a world of very unusual magic. Her instincts are to stay wary and remain suspicious, but she is determined to adjust. The world is strange in deed, much stranger than even an invisible jet, which was parked once in the field of thesmophoria, but as a prank, some of us moved it, and as Dionysus would have us cursed, forgot where we put it. Wow, that was a mistake...who needs an invisible jet, right? Still, I think some over-reacted, but it was worth it.

6. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry flies aboard with the others, exploring the ship before finding and entering her room. She remains in there for some time.

“Hello everyone, I hope I didn’t miss anything”, Wynry says as she walks into the banqueting room. Her appearance causes a few double-takes. The most noticeable change is that she is now human-sized. The next most noteworthy change is that instead of her usual attire, Wynry is wearing a pale pink dress, which on closer inspection appears to be made of cherry blossom petals woven together.

“Oh, I see you already set my place”, she says when she sees the seating arrangements. “I guess I should have told you beforehand; but don’t worry, this is only until midnight. In the meantime, I’m sure I can manage.”

Wynry stands near her intended place at the table, carefully grasps the tiny plate and tinier fork between her fingers, and starts eating. She pauses when she notices the rock man and the wooden mermaid. "Oh, hello, I don't think we've met. I'm Wynry Bluestocking, of the Shimmerglade Bluestockings, and you are...?"

((I know normally I’m supposed to roll to see what size I get, but I figure the cherry blossoms are a special case. Either way, I will roll for size from now on.

Also, I apologize for getting behind lately. I have to cover for two of my co-workers, one due to injury, and the other because she is taking a holiday, so I haven’t had much free time lately. I'll try to keep on top of this in future.))

7. Legendary Sidekick

((Let's say you got extremely lucky and are about 5' tall—I rolled a 5 on my 23rd try! You do need to roll it, but it's not game-breaking to fudge a lucky roll for fun, since I'm not throwing you in combat.))

The captain introduces herself (as "Cap'n Peggy") and her husband (as "Heph"), then says to Wynry, "It appears you will need a larger portion."

She gives her husband a look, to which he replies, "Let me get you a proper place setting."

He leaves, and after a minute returns with a regular sized plate, bowl, cup and wares, and a proper human sized chair which Wynry can rest her wingless back against.

8. Corwynn

Corwynn Troubadour

Wynry gratefully accepts her new place settings, and sits down to eat and listen.

((Yes, I figured I could get away with it this once, since it won't affect gameplay, but I will roll from now on.))

9. Legendary Sidekick

Our heroines enjoy a feast, and the captain announces they will arrive at their destination in the morning.

Sea monsters permitting...!

((Ep.1 is up!

You can wrap up any RP'ing here if you want to.))

10. pmmg

pmmg Auror

Well, if there are sea monsters, I will probably puke on them. Do these things ever stop swaying?:sick:

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  11. Legendary Sidekick

The stone man laughs at the Amazon's comment. "You'll get your sea legs soon enough, but you won't feel a thing if you enter your room.

"Oh... and that reminds me. Your rooms will only accept you. And..."
    He turns to Wynry. "...I believe your room will dispel dilation magic. For the best, I s'pose, else you can't fit through your own door!"

((WynryWynry, the deal with the tree is this: you get 1 attempt per day to become bigger. If the size isn't one you want to be stuck with, just reach your arm through the portal, and you'll be a naked 3" fairy. —But no one will notice with all the sakura blossoms falling as she reverts and zips into her room.))