1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Favorite NaNoWriMo Resources?

Discussion in 'NaNoWriMo' started by Black Dragon, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

What are your favorite online resources for NaNoWriMo? Let's create an authoritative list of the best resources on the net.

The list can include articles, forums, online tools, blogs, etc. If you list a blog, include a few articles from it that are especially helpful for NaNoWriMo.

At the end of this week, the list will be organized, edited, and posted as an article on the Mythic Scribes blog.

Thanks in advance!

2. Robert Eggleton

Robert Eggleton New Member

Seriously considering it this year. I'm retired. I'm looking forward to checking back to see what resources are available. It almost start-time!

3. Michael K. Eidson

Michael K. Eidson Archmage

For a ton of idea generators, there's the definitive idea generator site: Seventh Sanctum - Welcome To The Page Of Generators!

You'll find links to a bunch of other generator sites on the Seventh Sanctum site, including a link to my own site (Eposic), a prior incarnation of which was the inspiration for Seventh Sanctum, as I'm sure Steve Savage will verify if you ask. But the link he gives you to my site sends your browser to my home page. Here's the link that goes directly to my Generators category page: Generators ? @Eposic ? The Troll Mystic

Black Dragon likes this.
  4. Black Dragon

I played around with some of the generators on your page, and they are a blast. I'll be sure to include this resource in the blog post.

Michael K. Eidson likes this.
  5. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I've got one! 4thewords.com is a gamified word counting system where you fight monsters and tackle your word count.

6. Black Dragon

Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Chesterama.

7. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

This site has been used for Challenge stories here from time to time, but it also offers other options:

Chaotic Shiny - Mashup Mashup Generator

From the 'Law Generator'

A randomly created modern person

Some stalls in a bazaar

Partaking of some of these meals might require medical attention afterward. Still

And the list goes on...and on...

Mostly useful for quick background stuff.

Black Dragon likes this.
  8. Black Dragon

We had to change around the schedule, so this list will now run in mid-November.

Any more favorite resources?