• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Fresh character sheet

piperofyork

Scribe
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I'm a teacher who has been writing stories - mostly fantasy - in one way or another since I discovered D&D at the age of seven. I've been working on my first novel for the last five years or so, and happily I'm getting fairly close to the end of the first draft, although a great deal of editing awaits. I'm a fan of classic epic fantasy, although I also draw inspiration from authors like Michael Ende and Walter Moers. I've gotten to the point where I enjoy writing more than my day job - which is saying a lot, because I still love teaching. I joined Mythic Scribes to improve my skills and to get to know the fantasy writing community - and the business of writing - better. I'm looking forward to getting engaged with the community! And while I have your attention, I should mention that...aw, hell. I lost initiative.

Best,

Piper

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met piperofyork
Good to have you here.
I think many here prefer writing to their day [or night] jobs. I know I do.
Leap on in and enjoy.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, piperofyork. Did you try a saving roll on initiative? We allow multiple fails here.

piperofyork

Scribe
Welcome, piperofyork. Did you try a saving roll on initiative? We allow multiple fails here.
I'm afraid I bricked the saving throw. Should have cast a Bless beforehand to better my chances! Thankfully, though, this is just the first round. (y)