• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats

US : Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats: David A. Lindsay: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
UK : Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats eBook: David A. Lindsay: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

NEW RELEASE!

Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats by David A. Lindsay

Life isn't easy in a cut-throat city ruled by guilds, especially for a freelance thief who refuses to swear fealty to the local thieves' guild.

Beset by thieves and threatened by assassins, Gaspar is forced into a madcap hunt for a magical artefact. Confronted by danger at every turn, he and his friend, Hubris the Spellbroker, become entangled in a bizarre web of intrigue, politics and outlandish fashion. They soon realise that they are just pawns in a greater game, but who is their real adversary and how will it all end?

This humorous fantasy novella (28,500 words) is a prequel to the novel, Gaspar The Thief (126,000 words), also by David A. Lindsay.

US : Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats: David A. Lindsay: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
UK : Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats eBook: David A. Lindsay: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

The fantasy novella, Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats, just got its first review - 4 stars on Goodreads. Here's a short extract:

"Now that I've read this prequel to the fantastic novel, Gaspar the Thief, I am once again reminded why I like the author's style so much.

Lindsay writes a gripping tale of intrigue and never cuts back on the humour.

What I like most about the Gaspar series is that every story has it's own intrigue. There's no big conspiracy (which is also great), but lots of smaller ones in which Gaspar gets entangled time and time again. His dealings with the local guild masters and the politics between the masters themselves are always wonderful to read about.

All in all, I can completely recommend Gaspar the Thief, as well as this prequel novella. Don't hesitate to buy it - it's really worth it!"

FREE 30 August for one day only!

Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats is a free download on Amazon on 30 August 2013!

Terry Pratchett fan? Check out this reviews for Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats ...

US : Amazon.com: Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats eBook: David A. Lindsay, Putilich: Kindle Store
UK : Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats eBook: David A. Lindsay, Putilich: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Gaspar And The Fantastical Hats now has an average rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon US. It's also now available from Apply, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords.Here are just some comments:

"If you enjoy Pratchett, there's a good chance you'll like this!"

"A clever and involved novella. If this was intended merely as an introduction for the author's world and writing, then it goes far beyond the usual freebie prologue or self-serving short story. I enjoyed this immensely. Thanks, Mr. Lindsay!"

"There's the humour of Pratchett and a bit of Lieber's Mouser in Gaspar. Having read just about every author in the field, I don't have a lot of patience with authors who sacrifice good tight story telling with over worded thinly veiled preaching about the author's particular religious or political views. This is why I found Lindsay refreshing as it reminded me of pure story tellers like Lieber and Howard."

"Nothing is ever quite what it seems, with lots of twists and turns along the way that keep you guessing! A fun magical story that maintained a comic undertone throughout. I loved the banter and teasing between Gaspar and Hubris, even amidst life threatening danger!"