• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings and Salutations!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
First I would like to say, thanks for putting together such a lovely site! I have been prowling on the fringes for the past few days, and I love it. From the forums to the helpful articles, this is a great place you have here!

I am the vocal half of the writing team A. E. Lowan. My writing partner is very shy, but has major chops for plotting, characterization and dialogue. I hammer out rough drafts and let her giggle at me for my typos.

We write is several sub-genres, from urban fantasy to paranormal romance and space-opera. Our current WIP is the first book in an urban fantasy series set in the fictional city of Seahaven, WA. Seahaven is called the "City of Peace," as is was founded as an experiment in preternatural politics, where no one group holds the city but instead peace is kept by alliances among the many different factions, and a neutral family of wizards, the Mulcahys, acts as negotiators and abitrationists. This has not always worked out well, and as the Mulcahys have died out over the past 2 decades, the "City of Peace" is becoming better known as the "City of Pieces." Winter Mulcahy, the last wizard standing between her people and factional chaos, must hold the city together in the face of death, politics, and her own frailties.

I am really looking forward to being a community member here. Thanks for having us!

Thanks for joining up, you two! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us. Sounds like you are hitting in my sweetspot with some of the projects you have in the works.

First I would like to say, thanks for putting together such a lovely site! I have been prowling on the fringes for the past few days, and I love it. From the forums to the helpful articles, this is a great place you have here!

I am really looking forward to being a community member here. Thanks for having us!
I thought A.E. Lowan invented this site?! Isn't she the Leadership rank?

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I thought A.E. Lowan invented this site?! Isn't she the Leadership rank?
Holy necroed post, Batman. I didn't realize that I'd been here so long! Young writers I met and mentored here are grown and working hard on their first offerings, and we have made so many wonderful friends, here. But I didn't create the site. That was the super awesome Black Dragon, our fearless leader.

I do have a Leadership rank, but mostly I'm just the Forum Mom and love it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.