1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Greetings Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thecoldembrace, Feb 28, 2014.

1. thecoldembrace

thecoldembrace Sage

Hello, to everyone here at this interesting site. I recently joined and thought it best to start here. Also because I do so enjoy helping people, thought I would give a little background to myself in case it might be of use to someone. I am 25, and recently obtained my doctorate in Military History and started teaching shortly after. My main focus is on the Ottoman Empire but I am well versed in many other time periods and areas of the world. I speak several languages (some better than others), should this be of use to someone.
    My second main love in life has always been writing, mainly as a means of escape. I managed to finish my first novel while still in college and have since started my second.
    So yeah.. just a bit about me.
    -Cheers

2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Welcome to Mythic Scribes! We value your membership here and I hope we can help you from time to time as well.

3. thecoldembrace

thecoldembrace Sage

Thank you very much for the welcome, Reaver. :D

4. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

You're most welcome.

5. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Hi thecoldembrace, welcome to Mythic Scribes. :) What sort of books do you write?

6. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Hello and welcome thecoldembrace, it's nice to meet you!

7. thecoldembrace

thecoldembrace Sage

Thank you for the welcome, Ruby. I am writing a high fantasy, high magic series about a Prince who is born as something that is largely reviled by the rest of humanity. The series focuses on the plight of a specific type of people and how humanity always seems to mistrust, or hate that which they are jealous of or do not understand.

JRFLynn and Ruby like this.