• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from London

Smaug

Dreamer
Hi Everyone,

I'm an author living in NE London in England, and have recently left my job to focus full-time on writing my first novel. I've loved fantasy and sci-fi of all kinds for many years in books, games, RPGs and films, and decided it was time to create some myself.

I'm also an avid fan of history, mythology and horror. All of these crop up in my current project: a new Greek myth, warped, inverted and written as a historical fantasy novel.

Currently reading: Steve Erikson's 'Deadhouse Gates' and enjoying it so far - ambitious, complex and with hordes of characters!

Look forward to chatting with you all, and will certainly check out the forum RPG.

Cheers,

Smaug

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Smaug!

I admire your courage in taking the big step of becoming a full-time writer. It's never easy embracing uncertainty, but sometimes taking a leap of faith can really work out.

We'll look forward to spending time with you on your writing journey.

Kelise

Maester
Oh how excellent to be able to be a full-time writer :) I'd love to be able to do the same already!

I have Erikson's Gardens of the Moon ready and waiting to be read. Should I hurry up and read it next? :)

Smaug

Dreamer
It's well worth a read! I persevered at first, and it turned out to be one of the best books I've read recently.