• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from Prodigious Dialect, aspiring fantasy author!

Greetings and salutations! I write under the pen names "Satoshi Takagi" and "Prodigious Dialect" (mainly the latter as of late), I'm a freelance writer and script consultant, and I've self-published my first novel in June of '14. Yet, as with any writer, I felt I could do better. MUCH BETTER.

My world building was shoddy and hackneyed, the characters (in my opinion) were weak save for the protagonist, and I wish to learn more about writing great fantasy epics. I've been reading the works of Daniel Arenson, I wish I could get my hands on a Brandon Sanderson novel, but the author who originally inspired me to write fantasy was Christopher Paolini with his novel Eragon.

I started writing when I was six or seven (it's a bit muddled, so forgive me) when I did a fanfiction for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I continued writing but I didn't focus on fantasy until as of late due to the influences of Daniel Arenson as well as the manga Rave Master.

I'm currently working on two major IPs - the Skyrule series, a Jules Verne inspired story inspired by several Squaresoft RPGs like Chrono Trigger; and the Cheshire series, which chronicle the adventures of the Black Cat Mage Cheshire as he and his comrades work to preserve the balance of sorcery in their world of Beastkins.

Where I'm standing now, I would like help on building a great world for Cheshire, one that would compliment running a Light novel series in the vein of The Slayers. I imagine the world is low-grade World of Warcraft, one inspired by an Asian feel like how Masashi Kishimoto did with Naruto. I've read more manga than I did fantasy novels.

Well, I hope that I can learn and grow as a writer here! Good day to you all!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met prodigousdialect
Sorry for the delayed reply.
Hope you are enjoying MS as much as me.
There are a lot of good writers here and as many knowledgeable people.
I have learnt a lot in my time here.