• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings from Uisneach

Greetings from Uisneach (pronounced oosh-nay). Well, from a writer working on a book from the mythical kingdom of Uisneach. My name is Heidi and I am so happy to have found an online group that seems to offer a place to share in the joys and sorrows of writing fantasy. I’m an avid reader of many genres but frequently drift toward fantasy- mythic and romantic. A few years ago I was feeling frustrated about not finding something really good to read. A voice came into my head whispering, “Write what you want to read.” And so I did. I plan to publish as an indie author and have recently had my work edited professionally. Reality check. Still work to be done. I decided I needed to connect with other writers of fantasy for support and learning. I searched several groups, but this one caught my attention. I look forward to sharing, learning and commiserating with you. I am particularly interested in high, mythic and Celtic fantasy, but also urban fantasy. Will be looking for conversations about plot, characterization, mapmaking and self-publishing. Sláinte

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Heidi Hanley
Greetings from my bit of Old Hampshire.
Hope you find MS as useful and supportive as I do.
Don't be shy... Leap in and enjoy the throng.
Map-making.... [starts to drool]