• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

Dragonfare

Hello, everyone. I'm testing the waters in the traditional way, by introducing myself. I'm wishing I were more clever and amusing, though.

I'm a writer of fantasy fiction, with one book of short stories published through an indie publisher. That doesn't sound like much, does it? One of the stories was in Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword & Sorceress anthologies, though. Proudest moment of my life. I also write Regency romances under another name, but that has no place on this forum. :)

I retired about 3 years ago, took a year to de-stress (yeah, rough working life), and since then have been writing steadily. I have three completed novels in various stages of editing. I love Nanowrimo for the kickstart it always gives me, and I love to talk about writing. It's my passion, and fantasy is my love.

I'm single and childless (by choice, unrelated to the passion/love mentioned above), live in rural Texas with a roomie (BF since 1969) and a bunch of animals. I'm a voracious reader in a multitude of genres. I also love movies and some TV series (which I binge-watch). That's the superficial stuff - I don't lead an interesting life. The less superficial stuff may or may not come out as I settle in here.

I've spent a lot of time on social media lately, now that I have the time, but I'm always looking for new and better. I think I've found a good place here!

Holman

Minstrel
Welcome aboard, they are a friendly bunch for the most part, although I haven't been here for a full moon yet. I have had some excellent advice and help from the forums, and have picked up some other nuggets by browsing the archives.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, Dragonfare. You will find others here who have retired and find themselves writing full time, myself included. As for sounding like much, it sounds like a great deal. Among those who write, those who have actually published form a tiny minority, so be proud of that.

I encourage you to use the Search function to delve into the many useful threads that exist here.

Dragonfare

I encourage you to use the Search function to delve into the many useful threads that exist here.

My days yesterday and today were pretty booked up, but I plan to spend a couple of hours tomorrow just wandering through all the forums here. I anticipate having lots of fun.

Thank you for the greetings, everyone!