• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

J.W. Golan

Scribe
Hello follow readers and writers,

I am a previously-published, non-fiction author (a history text - published in hardcover by a traditional publishing house) who more recently turned to Fantasy-Fiction for my first novel, as an indie author, because - let's face it - writing should be fun!

I have three teenage daughters who share my passion for Fantasy-Fiction, and who have been an invaluable sounding board for my ideas and drafts.

Looking forward to learning from the experiences and successes of others.
:)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met J.W. Golan
Good to have you here.
I keep thinking writing should be fun and then it beats me up and steals my lunch money...:(
Leap on in and enjoy Mythic Scribes.

Mythopoet

Auror
Welcome, J. W.! It's great to share passions with your kids! I also have a teenage daughter. Wish I could get her to read more. :)

J.W. Golan

Scribe
Welcome, J. W.! It's great to share passions with your kids! I also have a teenage daughter. Wish I could get her to read more. :)
Yeah, I got lucky. I introduced them to Lord of the Rings, the Shannara books, and the Dragonriders of Pern (plus some older classics like Macbeth and Midsummer Night's Dream). They introduced me to more modern books like Throne of Glass, as well as anime - including Spice and Wolf (for which we now own the light novels that inspired the anime).

Mythopoet

Auror
Yeah, I got lucky. I introduced them to Lord of the Rings, the Shannara books, and the Dragonriders of Pern (plus some older classics like Macbeth and Midsummer Night's Dream). They introduced me to more modern books like Throne of Glass, as well as anime - including Spice and Wolf (for which we now own the light novels that inspired the anime).

Excellent taste! With my daughter, it's not that she's not interested in the stories, but she finds reading at length to be difficult and exhausting. In our case though, I got HER into anime and manga. :)