• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings!

Kikuchiyo

Acolyte
Hello, I'm Kikuchiyo. I'm currently fifteen, going onto sixteen very soon. I am a junior in high school. I joined this website/forum seeking answers to personal dilemmas. From eighth grade to where I am now, I have always been lauded as a good writer. In 10th grade, I averaged a 98% on essays (although I sincerely believe that anybody with a body temperature of 98 degrees and a pulse can do the same). However, I've never been able to acquire a mentor to help me along my creative endeavors. I enjoy fantasy writing (big surprise, eh?) but I am highly doubtful of its quality. The few opinions I have received on the matter, though overwhelmingly positive, I suspect were heavily biased.

I am a ruthless self-critic and I always beat myself up over my writing, even when I'm fairly certain that what I made isn't that bad. I aspire to publish a book one day, but as I mentioned before, the lack of a mentor and support means I am completely lost. I guess I'm like Frodo in that regard. I'm not even out of Hobbiton and I don't know the way.

Hopefully, by joining Mythic Scribes, I can find help and improve my craft. I intend to occasionally post snippets of my writing for criticism in the near future. Who knows? Maybe you people will even think it's good. :)

On a side note, I am inspired by the works of Tolkien (another big surprise), Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, Stephen King's Dark Tower, and Arthurian legend. In addition, I am a massive fan of Blind Guardian.

Cheers, fellow scribes! Mayhaps I have finally found a home of sorts for myself here. Long days and pleasant nights to you all.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Kikuchiyo
Welcome the Mythic Scribes
It's a friendly place where help, support and information can be got and given.
Make your self at home.
The Band will be on later [a Bard with an electric harp] and after the dancing starts so does the karaoke [shudders]
Enjoy the craic.

Weaver

Sage
Hi, Kikuchiyo. Welcome to the zoo. Don't worry -- the monkeys are friendly, and the alligator has been trained not to bite.

Joe, about the band: Are we finally gonna get the bard who can play "Stairway to Heaven" on bagpipes? Someone promised...

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Joe, about the band: Are we finally gonna get the bard who can play "Stairway to Heaven" on bagpipes? Someone promised...
As long as he keeps away from the magical effects when playing "Smoke on the water" I'll be happy. It took weeks to get the smell out of the dog... he's not been himself since.