• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hail and well met!

eversilentone

I'm an aspiring fantasy writer, currently living in Edinburgh, Scotland, and simultaneously training to become a counsellor. I've been an avid fantasy reader since I was 7 and was introduced to the Lord of the Rings. I'm currently re-reading the Wheel of Time ahead of the e-release of Memory of Light in March and am very excited!

I've written short stories and novellas before (though have not been published) and thought I might try and turn my hand to something a little more substantial. I've read every article on this site (in the space of a day as it happens!) and have found it all interesting, amusing, insightful or all of the above.

I'm looking to make a connection with other writers as sometimes it can seem a lonely old slog. And having other people to bounce ideas off of is always a good thing. In return I'm happy to read and critique the work of others and, you know, just get to know people.

Anyway, that's my rambling introduction. Hail and well met!

Welcome to the Scribes, writing can indeed be a lonely slog. However we're all in the same boat here, and most of us are happy to chat, myself included. Enjoy your stay.

Saydillis

Allo! I'm Saydillis, but you can call me Sail. I'm a budding author and I've been working on a story for about a.. year? Close enough. Welcome! I just joined myself, haha, and I'm hoping people can give me critiques. I'll read people's story and other things!

Well met! Enjoy your stay!