• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hail fellow, well met!

Xanados

Maester
Hello everyone, I'm Taylor. I'm eighteen years old. I could bore you to tears with all that I have to say but I shan't do that. I'll keep this introduction short.

I'm a lover of the Fantasy genre. I've grown up with it. In fact I have a rather genuine distaste for all but works of fantasy whether that be video-games, film or books. As I said earlier, I shall not be writing a gigantic wall of text so for now I'll just say that my chief interest and goal at the moment is learning to become a writer. To sum up my personal life...I enjoy fantasy related music, games, art and books. I can also type at a rate of ninety-four words per minute, on average.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that after reading some of the threads here it would seem that I'm going to fit right in. I'm also looking for critiques on this very post. English is my native language but even as I try my hardest to write properly I still have a lot to learn about the English language as I have only just began to ponder the idea of becoming a writer.

-Taylor Hood.

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Taylor Hood,

The best way to become the writer you hope to is to write--and read of course. But you cannot succeed unless you write and improve and edit and revise your work until it's the best you can make it. Then submit it for representation and/or publication and, while you're waiting, write something else.

I'm sure you'll fit right on in here. Glad you joined.

Terry

Xanados

Maester
Sound great! Keep at it. Most of all enjoy the ride.
Might I ask what your native language is?
What do you mean? I said above that my native langauge is English. I was born and am still living in Scotland, United Kingdom. Is my English really that bad that you would ask this, or did you not read that part? Thank you all for your welcoming posts. ;)

"English is my native language but even as I try my hardest to write properly I still have a lot to learn about the English language as I have only just began to ponder the idea of becoming a writer."

Last edited: