HAM2D6 Discussion

Discussion in 'Huntresses Attack Monsters!' started by Legendary Sidekick, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick Staff Moderator

Welcome to "Huntresses Attack Monsters!" It's an RPG starring an all-female cast of player characters!
    I provide the monsters; you hunt them down and kill them.

If you're interested, post here, PM me, or do both!

Reaver likes this.
  2. Reaver

Reaver Staff Moderator

I'm in.

//10 CHAR//

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  3. Legendary Sidekick

Glad you're playing, and I also appreciate your flexibility. Let's see who else is interested in playing, and which type of heroine they want to play. I think once we have 3 or 4 players, we can begin the game.

To those considering playing, all 13 parts of the game are written, and there are multiple paths. The "boss fights" should get pretty crazy. The game is rules-light and story-heavy. There's no leveling up; you just get stuff: monster parts, divine gifts, and a sidekick if you want one.

4. Ireth

Ireth Mythic Scribe

Yesssss. Yes yes yes.

*scurries off to check out other info*

5. tbgg

tbgg Dark Lord

Per my PM to you, I'll play a nymph!

6. Reaver

Reaver Staff Moderator

Meet AKANTHA, Amazon warrior princess and daughter of famed gladiator and King of the MA******, Ultimus Manimus.

[​IMG]

Attacks
    Melee Weapon: The Amazon is proficient with heavy weapons, and may wield two at a time.
    Unarmed Combat: She can use her brute strength to grapple or hurl enemies and other heavy objects.

Abilities
    +2 Strength: The Amazon is the strongest heroine.
    +1 Aquatic Feats: She is a strong swimmer whose mighty lungs allow her to swim a great distance underwater.
    –1 Perception: Occasionally, her wild predictions of impending danger are correct.

Olympian
    Athena favors the Amazon, though she'd favor her a little more if the foolish mortal wouldn't test the limits of her tolerance to booze

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  7. tbgg

tbgg Dark Lord

Yay Akantha! An Amazon would have been my second choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaver likes this.
  8. Legendary Sidekick

Nice! So only live for a couple hours, and I've got 3 players already.

Akantha the Amazon, ? the Nymph, and ? the ?. I guess now's as good a time as any to open a thread where you can tell the back story of your character. No need for stats, since you don't get to choose that.

Reaver likes this.
  9. Ireth

Ireth Mythic Scribe

I'm torn between an Amazon and a Huntress. Might have to roll a d2 to choose. XD

10. Reaver

Reaver Staff Moderator

Please pick one so that I can change my character if needed. I don't think the game will be fun with duplicate classes running around.

11. Legendary Sidekick

Well, once your mind is made up, please post a backstory to the The Players! thread.

While there's no rule on duplicate heroines, there's a benefit to being able to do what others can't.
    @Ireth, go ahead and make your choice. Reaver has an alternate in mind to avoid duplicates if you take the Amazon. If you take the Huntress, I expect Akantha stays.

@Reaver, Greek name! Nice touch!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Reaver likes this.
  12. tbgg

tbgg Dark Lord

My nymph will be Kelleia Silvertide. Working on the rest!

13. Devor

Devor Fiery Keeper of the Hat Moderator

I'm on the fence. My last character had a cool mustache. I don't know if I can play now without a mustache.

14. tbgg

tbgg Dark Lord

Could she have some dwarven blood? I believe dwarf females can grow facial hair...

Devor likes this.
  15. Legendary Sidekick

When I was in grad school, one of the RA's had facial hair. She was actually quite pretty, but you couldn't help but notice the little blonde hairs on her cheeks.

She was at least 5'10", so I doubt she had dwarven blood.

16. Ireth

Ireth Mythic Scribe

While I'm still poking at ideas, I have a question. Would a transgender character be allowed? I was thinking of possibly an MtF Huntress (not Ariel, for those wondering). Or I could do one of two cis-female Amazons or a cis-fem Huntress. Depends on what LS rules. (Also had an idea for an FtM Nymph, but figured since he identifies as male, he doesn't count as a Huntress for game purposes despite being physically feminine. And we already have a Nymph, so.)

*flails* This is always the hardest part of these things. I want to play ALL THE CHARACTERS.

17. Legendary Sidekick

The heroine should be physically female. Basically, I'm taking the piggish way women were treated in myths and using that. The amazons were just there for demigods to kill and feel big--in the myths, I mean. In this game, they're awesome.

You can have a physically male sidekick who identifies as female. I recommend not starting the game with a sidekick, but anyone can have one: man, woman, animal, Kentauride/centaur...

Sidekicks level from "bumbling" to "legendary."

18. Ireth

Ireth Mythic Scribe

Makes sense! I find it funny that the idea I veto'd would have been more fitting than the other trans character, but that's life. XD Oh well. I shall keep poking at the things.

19. Legendary Sidekick

Yeah, technically your FtM nymph works. Plus it's interesting that a member of an all-female race would identify as male. I'm not opposed to the idea of a tg character. It just makes parts of the story clumsy if you have a physically-male heroine in the mix. The world still sees this character as male. If she tries to bathe with the nymphs, Artemis might shoot her. (Not that I'm going to play Olympians like that... but she really did kill a Peeping Tom in one of the myths.)

20. Ireth

Ireth Mythic Scribe

*nod* Oh, she definitely would stay away from Nymphs. I would think the gods might understand about how a person views themselves compared to how the rest of the world does... but then, the Greek gods aren't always known for being nice or understanding.