• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Happy Book Anniversary!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
On April 1, 2017, we hit the publish button and launched Faerie Rising: The First Book of Binding into the world. You met us with open arms and such powerful acceptance that we don't have words to thank all of you. It's been a rough couple of years, but soon we'll be back on track and we'll have another Book Anniversary to celebrate!
In the meantime, please enjoy "Waiting for Yesterday." It was our first story to make it into publication (notably on Myths Inscribed), so we think it's fitting to share with you today.

Waiting For Yesterday

Congrats on the anniversary! It has been an interesting 4 years, that's for sure... Good luck with finishing the next book. And I'll be happy to provide words of encouragement if you need any :)

Just finished reading the short story you posted and it's wonderful. I love how close we get to the main character (though she doesn't have a name...). How there is a lot happening without too much action (if that makes sense). One day I hope to be able to write like that. I can write a decent plot, or so I like to believe, but nothing this character driven.

I might just save the link for later and come back to study what you've done here and how you did it.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I might just save the link for later and come back to study what you've done here and how you did it.

Wow, that's an amazing compliment. We are so very glad that you liked it and her. She's not one of our traditional vampires and she doesn't fit into our urban fantasy world, but she was a delight to write. Thank you!