• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Happy Mother's Day!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I went out of my way to write what I thought was the worst acrostic poem ever written for Mother's Day.

Best. Mother’s Day Poem. Ever.

Mothers, unlike
Others are
The best of
Her family. Why?
Er… there
R lots of reasons!

It took almost ten seconds to write that. Maybe nine seconds, one for each month a mother carries a child. That fact is more poetic than my poem, but here's another fact: it wasn't the worst acrostic poem possible.

My

o
t
h
e
r
_ parent.

I wrote that one on a heart-shaped card for my own mom. We'll see how that goes.

For the record, much more thought went into the gifts, and my wife and mother both get real cards that do a better job expressing appreciation.

So for you moms on this site… you have writing talent. Chances are, you have more writing talent than the people who will write cards to you today. Remember: even if the card stinks, the love and appreciation does not. And if you still end up having to cook (or you have steak because that's the only thing your husband can cook besides hot dogs, hamburgers and oatmeal) it's because everyone knows you're the best at it.

For the record, I'm grilling steak tonight. I think it's penance for the poem, but my wife says she bought the steak yesterday, so I'll take her word for it.

That's trust.

The
Real
Underlying
Stuff of
The family.

Happy Mother's Day, moms of MS!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
My six-year-old wrote a better acrostic poem. She insisted on crediting me, but I was really the editor.

Mother & Me
by Amelia & Daddy, 5/11/14

Mommy, I love you. Sometimes, I go
Out to Starbucks with you and Daddy.
The fun part is that I get to
Have dream bars and cake pops.
Eating them is fun!
Right now, I’m thinking about it

& I want to eat it right now!

Maybe we can go after school today &

Eat a cake pop!

PS- "After school" does refer to today. Amelia's learning Mandarin, and we tend to go to Starbucks after class.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I had fun showing off my crappy poetry. My brother's girlfriend didn't realize it was intentionally crappy at first, so she was politely silent until I told her I went out of my way to make bad poems.

Fortunately, the card I made that came with my gift was deemed "good" because it was the one thing I made that wasn't meant to be crap.

1979542_10152359002194194_1671828873401318255_n.jpg

10261952_10152359002779194_9158403556831879861_n.jpg