• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Happy Thanksgiving

SeverinR

Vala
May all visitors in the Mythic scribes tavern local or traveller from a far,
feast on the bird of Thanksgiving, be flooded with the love of friends and family,
in a warm safe home, far from violence of the world, sleep cozy this night before the holiday season begins.

toast to those that have gone before us, pray for those in harms way, and remember how great you have it, and think of what you have to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'll drink one for all the people and of all the worlds we represent on this one site.

Lets carve that bird up before it dries out.

Ophiucha

Auror
Bah, I live in Canada now, we had our Thanksgiving last month.

But I'm celebrating with some American friends by eating a weird mesh of halal, vegan, and inexplicably pork-based foods and playing D&D, in lieu of anything traditional. Been in the kitchen all day making three different types of pumpkin pie, because variety is the spice of life but cinnamon is the spice of late November and I'm not skimping on the squash. A turkey's brining in the fridge, warm, fresh applesauce is stewing away, and I somehow managed to bruise my hand with the handle of the knife while chopping up my vegetables.

Thank you SeverinR, I extend the same greeting to you and all the Scribes. (Even if you don't live in America) Happy Thanksgiving. :smile:

Also happy Thanksreceiving day. The bast way to show thanks is to receive what is given to you.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
As a non-American, thanksgiving isn't a very big deal to me. I can respect and appreciate the idea, but it's not something I ever celebrated growing up.
There's value in being thankful though. Someone linked me this TED talk on the topic and while the speaker may sound like a bit of a hippy I'd say he does have a point. The Stop, Look and Go approach really does work. Try it.

David Steindl-Rast: Want to be happy? Be grateful | Video on TED.com