• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Harry Potter Video Games

Kaellpae

Inkling
Any reviews I've read for the games have said the games are no good.

I was wondering if there's anyone here that likes them. I'm interested in buying them if they're good. At the very least, good from a fan's point of view.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
There is one Harry Potter video game that is very, very good:

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4

We have the PS3 version, and it is spellbinding. It has some great RPG elements to it, including a neat potion and spell system. Best of all, it captures the feeling and emotions of the series. If you click the link above, you will see that it's available for a number of different platforms.

I highly recommend it, although I must warn that it's addictive.

Kaellpae

Inkling
Is it a free roaming type game? Able to explore the castle and grounds? I've noticed on a couple fansites that they always mention areas not covered directly in the books. I finally found out that some classrooms and other areas are only really fleshed out in the video games.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Yes, it's free roaming, although some areas aren't available until later in the game (for example, you can't enter the chamber of secrets until year 2). You can explore many parts of Hogwarts Castle, as well as the surrounding area and Diagon Alley.

In this game Hogwarts feels like a real, living place - albeit one made of Legos. ;)