• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello And Greetings, I Am Here Now I Guess

No Username

Hello to all of those fellow world builders and fantasy writers reading this! I have joined and am here to stay. I have no clue what I am doing or where to start, but it's seems like you guys do and I will just follow along.

I have never really written a fantasy story, as I am much more into world building, creating countries, races and religions. But nevertheless, I will give it a shot! I am here to be inspired, to work with others to create a world, and overall become a better creator. I do not know what I am doing, but it seems the best thing to do is to jump right in.

First of, I would like to explain my passion for world building. I do no think it is done enough, and when it is, it is often the same thing. Rarely do I see a world like Middle Earth where the races, the architecture, the way of life is so different. This, I feel, is because people do not work together with others, and therefore everyone seems balnd and generic,and all the same. So that is why I am here, to work with you all, to become better and hopefully create a beautiful world!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I've a suspicion that more than a few will take the opposite approach and feel much of fantasy is derivative of LOTR, and do make efforts to have many races and cultures, but maybe do not pull it off as well. (I can assure, I am not about to be inventing any languages.) I am not sure fantasy writers overlook this, more likely they over estimate their ability to do it well.