• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everybody

Atlaxa

Scribe
Thanks for having me here.

I'm not sure how I came across this site, but as soon as I found it, I knew I wanted to be a part of it.
All I know is that I was doing research (with about 45 tabs open), and suddenly I found myself here.

Can I can conceal the fact that I have an ulterior motive for joining?
Prolly not.
Fine.
I've just finished my first book that I hope to publish one way or the other.
Being a pub-virgin (which sounds both a bit weird, and a bit wrong, not to mention very tea-total,) I'm rather insecure, but nevertheless somewhat determined to e-publish. It might not sound too convincing.
How could I be?
I've just spent a year (usually 10 hours/day) writing my book (= baby) and I want to make sure that it will do well. Which is the best way to go?

Oh dear, I think I'm ranting. Maybe I should find the appropriate topics of the forums.

If any of you have a comment or suggestion, please feel free to reply or to leave a message.

Thanks in advance :wink:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Atlaxa
There will be lots of advice and suggestions on what you should do next [and at least some of it will be contradictory :p].
My suggestion...
Leap in and join in the melee.
This is a very supportive place to learn and share.
Good luck.

GeekDavid

Auror
Welcome! Pull up a chair and join in the discussions.

Just don't say it's chilly in here, the dragon out back might decide to stick his head in and breathe. We're still replacing the burned furniture from the last time that happened.

Atlaxa

Scribe
Thanks guys, the warm welcome is really appreciated. Sorry about the singed furniture :)

Btw, I'm an astrologer and translator (German, Hungarian). If anybody needs help or advice related to those, please let me know.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Oooh, more knowledge is always appreciated around here. We have a great community that loves to jump in and help each other with research and brainstorming, so feel free to brain-pick in the Research forum or ask question in the ever popular Writing Questions forum. My writing partner and I write urban fantasy, and sometimes have some pretty off-the-wall research questions, like "How do you start a 1986 Harley at a run while being chased without choking it out?" - I have never come away without answers.

So, welcome to the nuthouse!

Atlaxa

Scribe
Oooh, more knowledge is always appreciated around here. We have a great community that loves to jump in and help each other with research and brainstorming, so feel free to brain-pick in the Research forum or ask question in the ever popular Writing Questions forum. My writing partner and I write urban fantasy, and sometimes have some pretty off-the-wall research questions, like "How do you start a 1986 Harley at a run while being chased without choking it out?" - I have never come away without answers.

So, welcome to the nuthouse!

It all sounds fantastic. Atm I have loads of questions about marketing and the more mundane side of writing and publishing. I will explore the forums shortly.

I'm really very happy that I found this place. :skip: