• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everyone!

bacon.sense16

Hello all! I just joined the forum today. I have been a huge fan of fantasy/science fiction books since I was young. I have dabbled a bit here and there writing. Never written anything substantial. I did write a few poems back in high school, one of which was published. I am wanting to start writing more. Not sure where to start though. I currently write copy for social media, blogs and email marketing. Not the most fun things to write but it's good to keep writing. Nice to meet everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rkcapps

Sage
Welcome bacon.sense.16! Hope you find inspiration here. I do. May I suggest a short story or a challenge first? Hone your skills before tackling a book. It'll make writing a book that much easier. Of course, that's just a suggestion. Take it or leave it, I don't mind. Good luck!

Last edited:

bacon.sense16

Welcome bacon.sense.16! Hope you find inspiration here. I do. May I suggest a short story or a challenge first? Hone your skills before tackling a book. It'll make writing a book that much easier. Of course, that's just a suggestion. Take it or leave it, I don't mind. Good luck!
I definitely plan on trying some short stories and challenges as well! The book will be a long and slow process I believe. I want to create a world and characters that will be loved, feared and hated. Something memorable. Even if it's just to a few dozen people!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met bacon.sense16
Good to have you here.
Writing copy can be a great way to learn the "rules".
Any writing that people read is a good start.
Leap on in and enjoy.

Daelhar

Troubadour
Hello! Like you I am very enthusiastic about this. If you ever need help or just want to discuss your writing, I am always available.