• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Everyone!

Amorus

Dreamer
Hi All,
My name is Kris. I'm in my mid 30s and I'm from the East Coast of the United States. I have always enjoyed reading fantasy with memories that go back far into my childhood. I started writing seriously about ten years ago and have been working on a story that has evolved into a sort of mythology. I really enjoy being creative and my wife says that I'm putting my overactive imagination to good use! I'm looking forward to the conversation, sharing and learning that this forum has to offer.

Chilari

Staff
Hello. Welcome. I too enjoy working with mythology. What I like doing most is having two or more different versions of the same mythological events, told from different ideological standpoints (or, if one of those standpoints is an immortal who was there, the truth/near truth). I have several different versions of why immortals exist: the actual one, the one the immortals themselves think having spent some time trying to work it out, two similar but opposite versions conceieved by two different schisms of a particular religion, and various folk tales. I love looking at the dichotomy (I love that word) between the stories that make up the mythology and the actual events which led to the stories being told.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Kris!

I too am a guy in his mid-thirties with an overactive imagination. We have a lot of fun here, and we will look forward to hearing more from you.