• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everyone!

Aspasia

Sage
I love fantasy and have been trying to get back into writing regularly. I write short stories / novellas to amuse myself and hope one day to actually complete a Book. I love epic fantasy and am always looking for a new giant series to start. I participate in NaNoWriMo and many of its derivatives (though life often gets in the way and I have trouble finishing). I used to write more often, but somehow that slowed down and I really want to change that.

I'm excited that I found this forum, it looks like a great resource and a lot of fun! Hope to see you around!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Aspasia
Pull up a chair and join in the craic.
I wish you luck at the NaNoWriMos et al.
There are plenty of veterans around here somewhere:p

Welcome to the Scribes Aspasia, you've come to the right place! Yeah, I've slowed down myself, but I find a good remedy is just to practice writing short scenes, just a paragraph to keep the characters going. Most of them are scenes I never intend to actually use, but I deviate: welcome!

Aspasia

Sage
Thanks for the welcome!

I usually have trouble finishing things because everything I start wants to become a novel ... but I usually don't have the patience (or inspiration for that story) to follow it through to the end. Part of what I want to work on is writing short stories -- not every idea has enough steam behind it to go on for so long! Keeping a story short is really a challenge -- I admire everyone who can do this easily.

Anyhow, I will be perusing the threads for strategies on writing short stories, and inspiration (of course!) . This looks like a great place to improve one's writing!