• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Folks

Darkblade

Troubadour
Hello Everyone,

I'm Darkblade, on some parts of the internet I also go by NorthNightwatchman, sometimes with a Jr if my usual rather generic name is already taken.

I'm a beginning author from Canada, having written a small assortment of Fantasy and Science Fiction short stories, an abysmal attempt at a novel and an almost as bad webcomic adaption of said novel. I have taken my first steps into being published by sending a short story out to an open call for submissions this past week. I'm hopeful but not too confident about it. How many people sell on their first attempt after all. It can't be very many.

When not writing I usually find myself reading, watching and playing any genre based works I can get my hands on. These days I have developed a strange taste for the Japanese tokusatsu genre of men and women in brightly coloured spandex using toys to fight absurd rubber monsters in ways so chessey it would make our silliest heroes blush.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and discussing writing.

Sparkie

Auror
A second welcome to you, Darkblade. (I'm glad that you felt you could get on Mythic Chat right away.)

Webcomics have been discussed quite a bit here lately. What's it like writing one of those?

Darkblade

Troubadour
Writing the webcomic (seen here if interested) was an interesting experience. Particularly since I can't draw and had to work with other artists to get it done. I'd suggest finding a local artist that you already know in person rather than doing it all online like I did with Druminor and AteMozzerella. The time differences and busy schedules with more personal matters were the comic's downfall.

Beyond that though, once you have a good rapport with the artist (or are drawing it yourself) the scripts will just fly off your keyboard. It's a little difficult to sit around waiting for the finalized pages but incredibly rewarding to see your writing fleshed out from someone else's imagination.