• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from Nikki Bollman

Hello!

I'm new here! Which is obvious, I guess. I'm a writer and self-publishing author. I have a published trilogy called Dragons of Arethia, and I'm currently working on a draft of another novel set in the same world. Nowadays it takes me a long time to finish a novel, because I work full time and have two kids, 3 and 5 years old. It can be hard enough to find time to squeeze in writing, and then sometimes I sit down and feel overwhelmed by the pressure to use my time well. But, I'm trying to get back into a regular habit.

My favorite writer right now is Tamora Pierce, and the Beka Cooper trilogy (Terrier, Bloodhound, Mastiff) is by far my favorite of all her books. I also really like the Circle of Magic books.

Other hobbies of mine besides writing and reading are knitting, beading, having pets (currently 2 cats and 3 rats), hiking and exploring outside, and belting out songs from whatever movie my kids are currently obsessed with.

Thanks for reading!

Hello Nikki and Welcome!

Hoping you enjoy looking around and that this can be a good resource for you.
I LOVE Tamora Pierce and have a real soft spot for the Circle of Magic series.
Wondering if you have you read Tempests and Slaughter yet?

Again, welcome and enjoy!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome on board, Nikki. Three books and two kids? I'm agog. All I managed while our kids were growing up is a mass of notebooks and not a novel among 'em. Well done!

Do have a look around the forums. Lots of good information here.

Hello Nikki and Welcome!

Hoping you enjoy looking around and that this can be a good resource for you.
I LOVE Tamora Pierce and have a real soft spot for the Circle of Magic series.
Wondering if you have you read Tempests and Slaughter yet?

Again, welcome and enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome! I haven't read Tempests and Slaughter yet, but I'm hoping to get to it soon!

Welcome on board, Nikki. Three books and two kids? I'm agog. All I managed while our kids were growing up is a mass of notebooks and not a novel among 'em. Well done!

Do have a look around the forums. Lots of good information here.

Thanks! A lot of my writing of the first two books happened before the first kid, and the third one took probably three years after they were born, haha. I had this idea that maternity leave would be a good time to get writing done...hahaha.