• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from Scotland!

Blue

Acolyte
Hi there or as they say up here "Fit Like?"

Unfortunately being from the central belt of Scotland my Doric is limited and I'm better at listening than writing up here in Aberdeenshire. I am a Primary Teacher who is ready to get back into writing again after a long break while focusing on my career.

I am looking forward to being part a of a friendly forum who share ideas and opinions. I honestly think my husband gets fed up listening to me ask questions or suggest scenarios! Hence my reaching out to similar souls with a shared interest in fantasy.

Looking forward to working with different people here! :D

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Blue of Scotland
Good to have you here.
Have a mosey around and make yourself at home.
The Stew is barely a day or two old so there is still a little meat left. But the Bread and Beer are nice, fresh, and warm...
Different we are. We are a broad and mixed group, that is for sure.
People? Only in the broadest sense of the word. There are more than a few Cats and Dragons and I self-identify as a hot beverage...:p

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome to Mythic Scribes. It sounds like this is exactly the right community for you. Take a look through the forums!

gia

Scribe
Hey Blue...this is gia from Montana. Who really wants to go to Scotland some day. We have gorgeous landscapes here but the men don't wear kilts with nothing underneath them. Maybe that only happens on Outlander these days. Anyway...I look forward to hooking up with you in one form or another. Trying to think of a cute "goodby" remark that we make here but can't think of any...we're boring like that.

Blue

Acolyte
Thanks for all the lovely messages. It is great to feel so welcomed when you are joining a new group! I know how lucky I am here in Aberdeenshire with the highlands not far away, I seriously need more time to explore it, might help with the writing. Especially places like Sydney and Montana. The mountains of Montana are gorgeous, my husband grew up in Texas and often visited friends there and has shared some of his photos with me to give a vibe. You are usually lucky to see a kilted Scotsman (or Englishman or any-other-nationality-man) during holidays, ceilidhs (especially around Christmas and Hogmany) or even in the city centres busking. But you have to put up with the bagpipes to enjoy the spectacle!

I'm looking forward to connecting with everyone at some point in the future!

Thanks again ^_^