• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello from WA

Kate

Troubadour
Hi all,

My name's Kate. I was really excited to hear about this site. It's always good to have a group of like minded folk about.

A bit about me.... I live in the middle of nowhere, also known as Port Hedland, Western Australia. There's not a lot going on out here, well, not a lot that I'm interested in. So I spend most of my time fiddling about with writing fiction and also writing for the site Vivid Scribe » Popular Culture. Done Smart..

I've called myself a "writer" for a few years now, in that it's what I do. I haven't made a shiny cent out of it yet. But that's not why we do these things is it?

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! :D

Kate

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome Kate!

I checked out the Vivid Scribe site, and it's quite cool. It looks like a fun source of news for hardcore geeks such as myself.

What sort of writing do you do for the site?

Kate

Troubadour
Thanks! I'm glad you like the site. At the moment, I write it all but if anybody is interested, it's open for submissions too

Hardcore geek pretty much sums me up too, so happy to know I'm in good company.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I see that I'm not the only person excited that Brett McKenzie (a.k.a. Figwit) is going to be reprising his role for the Hobbit. :)

Man, I miss Flight of the Concords.

welcome to the Forums Kate >^.^< and BD... flight of the concords was an alright show... Did they cancel it?! I don't have hbo anymore so yeah I'm out of the loop LOL

Kate

Troubadour
Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes.

It's weird, I don't much like the show Flight of the Conchords, but I really like Bret and Jemaine. I think the whole culture around Figwit is hilarious and simply wonderful! I'm so happy they brought him into The Hobbit.

Anyone seen Gentlemen Broncos? A very funny movie about fantasy authors with Jemaine Clement. Should strike interest with a few around here given the premise!

Kelise

Maester
Eeee, Kate, you joined! I hope it was all my flailing on twitter ;D Good to have you here, so we have somewhere to work on our writing other than November.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
flight of the concords was an alright show... Did they cancel it?

It ran for two very successful seasons, and HBO wanted to renew it for a third. But Bret and Jemaine had become really homesick for New Zealand, and wanted to move back there. Since the show was made in NYC, they weren't able to continue with it.

It ran for two very successful seasons, and HBO wanted to renew it for a third. But Bret and Jemaine had become really homesick for New Zealand, and wanted to move back there. Since the show was made in NYC, they weren't able to continue with it.

Well that sucks I liked it too LOL.. Oh well I suppose there will be dvds if there aren't already >^.^<

Kate

Troubadour
Eeee, Kate, you joined! I hope it was all my flailing on twitter ;D Good to have you here, so we have somewhere to work on our writing other than November.

Hiya! I swear I'm not stalking you around the Internet.

Yeah, I found out about this place from your Twittering. Been meaning to sign up for ages.