• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello. I write stories of varying quality.

SpaceAmoeba

Acolyte
Heyo,

I was perusing through the internet last night and stumbled upon you guys. I've been writing fantasy and world building since the 4th grade, mostly on and off with random bursts of dedication every once and awhile, but only until recently have I decided to start getting more serious about it. Many of my works consists of unfinished stories and bad 1st drafts that are sitting on a hard drive. So, I'm hoping that surrounding myself with like minded folks will help in the writing process.

I've had exceptionally bad luck in finding people that are willing to read my stuff, and give decent feedback on it. My four or so go-to friends that I've been relying on have been slacking off on that regard for a few years now, and most of their feedback (if any) can be summarized as: "Yeah, it's good." I'm hoping to join a writing group, and discuss the craft with others who are a bit more enthusiastic.

My current focus is a story set in a world that I've thought up over the course of five years through a number of iterations. The concept is this: A world ruled over by priests, and where those born with magic are subjected to a life of cages and indoctrination. Where kings fight to break free from, or to defend religious doctrine, and where war and famine lay waste to a once peaceful realm. From the north, a subjugated and humiliated peoples plot vengeance on those who's lands are shattered by strife.

Heyo,

I was perusing through the internet last night and stumbled upon you guys. I've been writing fantasy and world building since the 4th grade, mostly on and off with random bursts of dedication every once and awhile, but only until recently have I decided to start getting more serious about it. Many of my works consists of unfinished stories and bad 1st drafts that are sitting on a hard drive. So, I'm hoping that surrounding myself with like minded folks will help in the writing process.

I've had exceptionally bad luck in finding people that are willing to read my stuff, and give decent feedback on it. My four or so go-to friends that I've been relying on have been slacking off on that regard for a few years now, and most of their feedback (if any) can be summarized as: "Yeah, it's good." I'm hoping to join a writing group, and discuss the craft with others who are a bit more enthusiastic.

My current focus is a story set in a world that I've thought up over the course of five years through a number of iterations. The concept is this: A world ruled over by priests, and where those born with magic are subjected to a life of cages and indoctrination. Where kings fight to break free from, or to defend religious doctrine, and where war and famine lay waste to a once peaceful realm. From the north, a subjugated and humiliated peoples plot vengeance on those who's lands are shattered by strife.
Welcome to the forums space, hope to see you around and you can use the showcase use forum to show off your stuff. I've found that getting feedback there is normal as well. Happy writing.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met SpaceAmoeba
Good to have you here.
Good Critiquing is almost an art form.
Hopefully you will find like minded souls here.
Share what you know, learn what you need.

Heyo,

Your story concept sounds really cool!