• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello there, creative writing type people

Scribble

Archmage
Hello,

Scribble is not my given name, as you might have guessed. It would have been fortuitous if it had been. Having such a name might have spared me years of writing software when I was really made for writing fiction. This is what I do now, in the hours and minutes between sleep and work, I try to turn my daydreaming into something productive.

By disposition, I am a writer of fantasy and science fiction. The world as it is, for some cursed reason, just doesn't suffice for my creations. I have an insatiable need to twist it, turn it upside down, fling it into the future, or sink it into the past.

To date, I haven't completed any major work, but I am working hard at it. I've written quite bit of poetry over the past few years, some fan fiction, a little flash fiction, done a lot of blogging, but novel-sized stories are where my imagination leads me.

I have perused these forums and found exactly the sort of discussion I like to get into: the craft of writing fantasy.

Why Scribble? Everywhere I go, I carry spiral notebooks with me. I am constantly scribbling out character sketches, magic systems, political intrigues, conflicts, plots, and drawing maps of places that do not exist.

I look forward to meeting some new folks and talking about writing.

Cheers,

Scribble

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Scribble! There's a lot of talk about writing going on at any given moment, so feel free to jump in wherever catches your eye. ^^