• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello there!

cydare

Minstrel
Hi everybody!

I found this site by googling a worldbuilding question (the effects of multiple moons on a world like ours) and read incredible responses that sparked quite a bit of ideas for my own story. I ended up combing through a lot of old threads and found myself glued to Mythic Scribes.

I used to write a lot throughout school, however, some personal problems forced me to put almost all my creative endeavors on hold for over four years. I've returned to writing recently, and I know I never want to stop again. I am trying to learn some discipline. I want to eventually work up to writing a thousand words every day. I hope to gain advice and inspiration, as well as contribute to the community as much as I can!

Currently, I'm working on a novel which focuses on a shape-shifting demon who attempts to start a new life by posing as a human lord's murdered son. I'm still in the planning stages, working out the conflict and the details.

Thank you!

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met cydare
Good to have you here.
Hope you enjoy MS as much as I do.
It is a great place to find inspiration, help, information and ways to procrastinate...

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Good to have you! World building can be daunting, or it can be a really fun adventure. We've got forums devoted to world building research and development, and also some shared worlds and more. Hope you get the support you are looking for, as you return to writing and create a balance between writing and real life. 1k a day can be tricky to maintain forever, but consistency is the way to get there. Go get 'em!