• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello to all!

Artemadoris

Dreamer
Writing has been a hobby of mine for many years–mostly short stories in the fantasy, sci-fi, and humor genre–for my own enjoyment. I have been slowly shaping a broader idea for about a year now; it was one of those "hmm, that's an interesting thought" moments. It took root in my imagination and wouldn't go away. I began by imagining a creation story with flawed, primal gods as a byproduct of the incomprehensible, formative fires rather than its divine engineers.

I have painstakingly designed characters, mythology, gods, heroes, villains, and monsters. One of the key concepts I have tried to focus on is motivations. I don't want my villains to simply crouch in the shadows, twisting their mustaches; I want the reader to "have sympathy for the devil". Additionally, I don't want my heroes to be flawless, perfectly righteous cavaliers who's only purpose is to fight the good fight against the forces of darkness. I am endeavoring to infuse more complexity into the characters and their motivations. I wanted to ask the story question, "If the chief god of the world showers the kingdom of a favored son with prosperity and abandons the other to struggle in poverty and desperation, what would the forsaken son's reaction be? What if the jealous kin of the chief god saw this malcontent as an opportunity to strike down his enemy and shape creation to his ideal?"

So, the premise for an epic conflict was born. Hopefully, in this community setting, I can benefit from the collaborative engine and, in return, share my ideas and opinions for the benefit of others.

Hey Artemadoris. This is a huge community, and it does work both ways, you give and you take. Either that or I'm doing it wrong.

I wish you luck with your story and endeavour, it certainly has potential.

Anyway, welcome to Mythic Scribes!