• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello to you all

SDWallwork

Dreamer
Hi there, I guess I should start by saying my name, im Sam and its great to be part of your community.

I am a huge fan of epic fantasy particularly Robert Jordan, Tolkien etc. I have always wanted to write my own tales but could never come up with a clear enough vision or could never find the time to put in the required effort. Now though, After finishing university I have found that time and I have been able to develop a world in my head which I am quite proud of. Details and lore just pop into my head and by no means is this a complete world. Its still just a shell like the image in a colouring book that is gradually being filled in.

Once I feel I have developed a solid background to the world I hope to begin with some short stories as I develop my writing skills and gain some much needed experience as I am in no way an experienced writer. I have only ever written a few chapters here and there. From there I would like to be able to develop my vision into a full novel or series of novels set in the same world.

Its nice to have found somewhere where I can talk about these issues and ideas and I hope that you guys will be there to help me along on my journey as I will try to do for any of you :)

JRFLynn

Sage
Hello, welcome Sam, glad you could join us! You're among friends, have no worries and ask away on those tough questions!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello SDWallwork
Welcome aboard the MS Mythic Scribes.
This is a great place to learn and share.
Leap on in when you half half a mind.
The joke about the beer aren't true and the jokes about the halflings aren't jokes.

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome,
World building can be an exhausting task,
Personally I build and write.
If I'm feeling overly creative I world build, its less restrictive and you can build wahtever you want.
Writing is more flowing, what you write must follow what was written before and what follows.

So world build but also write while creating your world. It will get you focused on writing and will help in focusing world building to what you need, instead of a random universe of creations.

Jump in and start looking over what has been asked and ask what you might need help in.