• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello Writers!

Impatience

Dreamer
Hi,

Figured the best thing to do being new here was stop by and do a little introduction. I go by Impatience here, which is very descriptive of who I am. I've never written a novel, short story, or anything of the like before, but I've been wanting to give it a shot for a long time. Several years ago I wrote a first chapter one Sunday afternoon and never got back to it. Now 15 years later I have no idea where that first start is, so its time to start all over again.

My biggest challenge I think to start is going to be figuring out how to get my creative juices flowing. I've never been an idea guy, I can't draw, I can't paint, really haven't done anything in my life that involves creativity, so I'm starting fresh here. I'm hoping by joining this community that I'll be able to get some help in that area, a little kick start to find my creativity. I'm sure its got to be in there somewhere, I just have to figure out how to release it to the wild.

I look forward to meeting and working with all of you!

Impatience

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Impatience
Welcome to Mythic Scribes.
Almost certainly you've probably been far more creative than you think, it's just a matter of getting the ball rolling in the way you want. My one hint is to just start writing and see what happens. There should be lots of support, help and encouragement around here if you want it.
[And I think there is alternative universe filled with odd socks, forgotten umbrellas and lost manuscripts...]

Good to meet you in the chat Impatience, I hope you find here whatever it is you need to set you on the path of writing. This place is very helpful so do make use of it.