• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

Thalian

Scribe
Hey everyone!

I am new to these forums, and I am quite excited to get involved and to go through and check out what this place is all about.

I am a 20 year old male who lives in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have a multitude of interests which includes most sports, escpecially hockey, golf, and tennis, music, and obviously reading and writing. Since I recieved The Lord of The Rings as a christmas gift from my brother many years ago I have become fascinated with the fantasy genre. About 4-5 years ago I decided that I wanted to make my own masterpiece, and after many corrections, additions, subtractions, and countless other things I have created my own world, and have started writing my own novel.

My novel is currently a work in progress, as I have approximately 85 000 words. Tragically, the very same brother that gave me The Lord of The Rings recently passed away, so I have decided to put this work to the side to write a fantasy novel based on the struggles my brother faced in his life that eventually culminated in his suicide.

So once again, hello to everyone and I look forward to interacting with all of you!

Paul

Acolyte
Welcome.

Welcome aboard Thalian! You can be rest assured that you've come to the right place and that Mythic Scribes are for the likes of you and me(and everyone involved in fantasy writing).
My profound symphaty goes out to your deaceased brother.
Once again Welcome to Mythic Scribes.

Good God!
Wow... I can't imagine losing one of my siblings that way, my deepest condolences.

Welcome to the space, jump in feet first and all the best of luck with the memorial project.
~BL~

Solomon Tan

Minstrel
Hello, there and welcome..

So sorry for hear the bad news regarding your brother..

I think you are doing a great job honoring your brother. I believe he will be glad.

Keep up the good work!

There is no better way to immortalize someone than through writing. So get busy! We'll be there to help along the way as you get involved in the threads from world-building to the showcase.

Welcome to MS!

lawrence

Troubadour
Welcome indeed, Thalian. Very sorry to hear of your brothers' difficulties and suicide. I can relate to being so overwhelmed by lifes trials to the point of extreme desperation. I only just made it through and am still trying to find my identity. My heart goes out to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you around here.