• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

ushKee

Scribe
Hi, I'm new. I've always loved fantasy worlds all my life and wished I was in them. I've created some books (mainly humorous) together with my friend, that includes creating an entire world of our own. But since they borrowed elements from other worlds (like Harry Potter) for the laughs, they could never be serious original novels.
I intend to change that now. I want to create a really good fantasy novel, one that has its own unique world, and one that does not follow the simple cliches some fantasy writers tend to create. I have had this idea for a while, and only now have I begun re-writing it down (the first attempt was bad). The problem is that I'm not a very natural writer and am kind of lazy, so my imagination raced far ahead of me before I had the energy to actually write stuff down.

I decided it would be helpful and inspirational to get help from this site. There are some topics (like the elimination of the hero's parents so you don't have to waste time writing about them) that it would be great to get help from experienced writers. I look forward to sharing the beginnings of my book with you in 2-3 weeks! :)

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome, ushKee. This is a good community and you are sure to get good help here. I recommend you read all sticky threads and, if you have specific questions, try doing a search on them. Chances are, some of them have been discussed and you'll find help quickly.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met ushKee
It is good to have you here.
Hope you enjoy MS as much as I do.
skip.knox is right, there is a lot of information available with a little digging.