• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

Hello everybody,

Thank you for giving me a place to crawl out of my shell and talk about my love for writing with like-minded individuals. It's hard to have a passion for writing when the ones closest to you don't understand what it means to be a writer or how to support you in a non-biased way. Although I love how my family is my biggest fans, I know that they only love everything I write, because they are my family!

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully, we can help each other achieve success with our future writing projects!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met anotherwriter2019
Good to have you here.
Getting unbiased feedback on what we write is important, but I think having a cheerleading squad in your back pocket can be a lot of help. There are times when the metaphorical cup of tea and a smile can work wonders.
Anyway, the bar is open and it is two for one night on Kobol Oak Cask IPA and Dwarf Deep Mine Whiskey. It makes a good Boilermaker...
Leap on in and enjoy!

Hello and welcome!

Ahhh family. . .

Just want to say I understand that it's often difficult for family to truly understand how to support creative pursuits. I think it's left to us to teach them the skill.

When it came to anything creative in life, I usually received the backhanded compliments and the "yes, but..." support. Though I've been making a living as a creator for ten years, full time, still to this day my mother likes to remind me of my past life as a chef/cafe owner and say things like, "Yes it's wonderful that you're happy doing what you do. . . but it's a shame you gave up cooking, you were so good at it." Umm ok, except I never gave up cooking. I still consult for others and I cook every meal I eat at home. And I enjoy it more now than I did when it was my career which was, in fact, 100 times more stressful for me to maintain.

Even in this, she means well. :giggle:

With writing, what intrigues members of my own family is never the actual writing itself. (I'm the only lifelong fiction reader/writer in the bunch.) But when I take the time to show them how the inspiration for a story came directly from things/places or even the people they know: Extended family members, neighborhood shops and their proprietors, places we lived etc. They are amazed that any of it could inspire a story or find a home in a fantasy book. :)

So we turn to others for the gift of that feedback.

Anyhoo. . .

Welcome again and looking forward to your participation.

Hello and welcome anotherwriter2019,
My family is very supportive of me which is nice and I consider myself very lucky. I even got my brother to read a non-text book for the first time in his life! The miracles never cease to amaze. My mother is the creative one in our family and I must have inherited her genes on that part of the 50/50. Nice to read discussions here from like minded people and is the best part of this forum.
Hope you enjoy it.