• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

Rezonix

Greetings all,

Just wanted to make a short introduction. I am a complete beginner who has fallen in love with the craft.

I'm 25 now and I've worked in a completely different field (IT) since I was about 17. About a year ago, I began to realize that although I was pretty decent at what I do, it's not something that makes me happy. So I began to think about what I really wanted to do with my life. Eventually, my love of books led me to try writing out and since then there's been no going back. I've realized this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to learn as much as possible about the craft and I want to do it the right way, little by little, practicing every day.

I'm now working on my first book, which is a Dark Fantasy. I have a pretty busy schedule but I try to at least get 2 hours a day writing. I would love to have much more time to dedicate to it, however, that's the best I can do right now with my work schedule.

I'm here to learn as much as I can and hopefully meet some new friends.

Nice to meet you all,

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Rezonix
Good to have you here.
IT?!?!?! Get out now!!! Run and never look back!!! :whistle:
I wish I knew what I wanted to do with my life. Many decades in and I still have no idea!
Good luck with the first book.
This is a great place to learn and share.
Leap on in and enjoy.:)

Hello Rezonix,
There are a lot of resources and discussions here that helped me a lot in a short time. Take advantage of it. I am also an expert in IT myself and actually have a programming degree but never pursued it. (Coding is boring). I took up the other side in my spare time - hardware. More interesting but definitely frustrating at times. Nothing a little hammering can't fix. Welcome aboard.