• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

KestrelDC

Dreamer
I'm not great at introductions lol. I like to go by KestrelDC on most areas of the internet I go on. Kestrel is the name of one of my characters, a superhero version of myself, and the DC is in reference to DC Comics (or Detective Comics Comics lmao). While I have several worlds and stories (many essentially being AUs and what ifs), I'm not particularly experienced or familiar with the fantasy and magic end of things, so I figured I'd go ahead and make an account here as it could come in handy as I build this fantasy realm and its characters I've become practically addicted to setting up. My biggest interests are superheroes (love love love Young Justice), animals, Avatar/Korra, stories and writing, and Pokemon, just for a quick handful of things I'm into.

One of my favorite comic storylines is the Teen Titans storyline "Beast Boys and Girls" because it's such a great analogy for what I feel about my autism and some of how the world acts about such differences. It's also just a great piece of characterization and humanization of the character at the center of it all, Beast Boy. My profile picture is also from a comic, but a much older one. It's from a Batman comic in the '70s when Dick was still Robin but barely so (he became Nightwing in the '80s, so this was right at the end of his time as Robin). At one point, he thinks he's figured out exactly what's going on, confidently lays it all out, and then goes "right?" Bruce, however, simply goes "wrong!" and Dick gives us this glorious face. I thought it was funny, so I snapped a pic and made it my PFP everywhere possible.

I use the same name on Twitter, Youtube, and DeviantArt, among others. Haven't posted in a while, but the main thing on my DA is making my own DC Bombshells but of the male characters made into Bombshell women.

Currently, I am a sophomore in college. My dad thinks psychology would be a good field for me, so that's one class I'm trying out before doing anything big.

As I said, fantasy is a new venture for me. I should probably make a map of my realm but IDK how to go about that. Funnily enough, the whole thing started with a Sim that I kind of plugged into a story idea I was putting together and from there I ended up deciding she came from some fantasy realm and then I just went nuts. I like to use character creators like Sims and DCUO and app games and Hero Forge and so on to sorta get a sense of how my characters would look and help me sorta conceptualize them. I... may be an addict TBH.

And you can call me things like just Kestrel or Kes as well if you want.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met KestrelDC
Good to have you here.
I think visually as well.
I love the site This Person Does Not Exist
I can loop through it for far too long, looking for the image in my head.
MS is a great place to share and learn,
Leap on in and enjoy!

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Maps are addictive, I finally broke down and hired a cartographer... at least for my city maps... so I don't spend months working on those, heh heh. An excellent place to explore map-making is cartographersguild.com. Lots of information.

Welcome aboard.

I'm not great at introductions lol. I like to go by KestrelDC on most areas of the internet I go on. Kestrel is the name of one of my characters, a superhero version of myself, and the DC is in reference to DC Comics (or Detective Comics Comics lmao). While I have several worlds and stories (many essentially being AUs and what ifs), I'm not particularly experienced or familiar with the fantasy and magic end of things, so I figured I'd go ahead and make an account here as it could come in handy as I build this fantasy realm and its characters I've become practically addicted to setting up. My biggest interests are superheroes (love love love Young Justice), animals, Avatar/Korra, stories and writing, and Pokemon, just for a quick handful of things I'm into.

One of my favorite comic storylines is the Teen Titans storyline "Beast Boys and Girls" because it's such a great analogy for what I feel about my autism and some of how the world acts about such differences. It's also just a great piece of characterization and humanization of the character at the center of it all, Beast Boy. My profile picture is also from a comic, but a much older one. It's from a Batman comic in the '70s when Dick was still Robin but barely so (he became Nightwing in the '80s, so this was right at the end of his time as Robin). At one point, he thinks he's figured out exactly what's going on, confidently lays it all out, and then goes "right?" Bruce, however, simply goes "wrong!" and Dick gives us this glorious face. I thought it was funny, so I snapped a pic and made it my PFP everywhere possible.

I use the same name on Twitter, Youtube, and DeviantArt, among others. Haven't posted in a while, but the main thing on my DA is making my own DC Bombshells but of the male characters made into Bombshell women.

Currently, I am a sophomore in college. My dad thinks psychology would be a good field for me, so that's one class I'm trying out before doing anything big.

As I said, fantasy is a new venture for me. I should probably make a map of my realm but IDK how to go about that. Funnily enough, the whole thing started with a Sim that I kind of plugged into a story idea I was putting together and from there I ended up deciding she came from some fantasy realm and then I just went nuts. I like to use character creators like Sims and DCUO and app games and Hero Forge and so on to sorta get a sense of how my characters would look and help me sorta conceptualize them. I... may be an addict TBH.

And you can call me things like just Kestrel or Kes as well if you want.