• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello!

I would like to take the opportunity to say hello to all here!
I found this site via twitter (I'm @KristeneCollins in case anyone wants to know) and I would like to say that I love the idea of a genre-specific website where I can learn what others are up to and hopefully make some like-minded friends!

I've been a Fantasy fan since the third grade, where we read a book in class called "Dragon's Milk" by Susan Fletcher, which I fell in love with (still own that old, beat up, autographed paperback copy!). From there I eventually moved on to authors such as Mercedes Lackey, Dame Andre Norton (RIP), Orson Scott Card, Tracy Ackerman, and plenty of others.

I started the long, ardourous world building process for my own book series, which I've only just started to hash out actual story text for not too long ago, when I was 13 years old, so literally a decade ago!

I can't wait to jump into some conversations here and get to know you guys!
~Kristene

Wow - starting off with a book series! You get points for ambition! But, you know, sometimes the story is just there and needs to be told.

Welcome!

Welcome to Mythic Scribes. I'm sure you'll find that there is plenty of great discussion going around. Some of the authors you mentioned already have threads in the Books section.

Eliazar

Scribe
Hey! Welcome :)

I'm also quite new here, just joined yesterday, but starting collecting ideas a decade ago (damn, we are getting old :D ) and just starting to actually flesh it out and write some text sound vaguely familiar ;)

Enjoy the stay, I''m sure there'll be lots of cool discussions coming up.

Regards

TWErvin2

Auror
Kristene,

Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

Good luck moving forward with the first book in your anticipated series. Nothing wrong with dusting off ideas from a decade ago and getting the story told.

One suggestion would be to make sure (if possible) the first novel in the series is able to stand alone. It will improve your chances of finding a publisher.

Looking forward to getting to know you through the forum.

Terry