• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey all

Konrad

Scribe
Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Summing my life up in a paragraph, I'm an expatriate American living in Europe for the past 20 years where I've made my living in various roles ranging from translator, wire service editor, investigative journalist and consultant. I currently work in a risk consulting/detective agency where we conduct pre-transaction due dilligence and chase bad guys and money when deals have already gone bad. Rather intense (often amusing) work that includes everything from finding missing persons to surveillance to figuring out the latest money laundering schemes.

Actually... If I'm going to truly be honest about it, most of it is quite boring. Rather like other editing jobs I've had in the past. Something between working as the editor of a news magazine and a rather aggressive wire service.

That said, I've been published a-plenty in non-fiction, but when it comes to fiction I'm one of those with a lot of manuscripts never sent to anyone. There just hasn't been the time. Or maybe I just need to get more organized.

Okay, so that's three paragraphs going on four... The only other things I can think of that you might find halfway interesting are that I front a psychobilly band, and I'm a bit multi-lingual. And as an investigative journalist I was constantly in trouble with the law.

Looking forward to meeting you guys through the forum...

K

Last edited by a moderator:

Konrad

Scribe
Well, that was quite an introduction...

That should be "Hey all"...

That's what you get when you are posting with your daughter hanging on your knee (not that I blame her!)

Anyway, if a moderator would be so kind as to change the title, I'd appreciate it greatly!

(K sheepishly creeping off)

Last edited:

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Well, that was quite an introduction...

That should be "Hey all"...

That's what you get when you are posting with your daughter hanging on your knee (not that I blame her!)

Anyway, if a moderator would be so kind as to change the title, I'd appreciate it greatly!

I fixed it for you. :)

Greetings Konrad, welcome to the party. Looking forward to what you have in store for us, make yourself comfortable, and don't touch the food in the fridge... We don't clean it out that often.