• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey there

Halfman

Acolyte
Hey there everyone. I am new to the forum and eager to see what goes on around here. Mostly I hope to gain some insight into the process of writing fantasy, as well as to help others with that process where I can.
I've been writing since I was young, so it's been roughly ten to fifteen years now. As time has gone on my writing has improved considerably, but the complexities that go into creating an actual story with fleshed out characters and a well thought plot still give me trouble, as I imagine it does for most.

Thanks,
Halfman

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Halfman
Good to have you here.
When I see Half Man I automatically add Half Biscuit which really dates me.
Getting better with our writing, being able to tell our tales well, is something we should all aim to do.
It is a slow road for me.
Good luck and leap on in! ;)

Chams

Acolyte
The way I create my own characters is to use features about a character that readers can relate with and picture in their mind, for instance I created a male character in a short story that has blue eyes, huge biceps, strong jaw and a rich baritone voice. He’s also brash and loud. I now relate and interweave a particular character he has to the central plot. For example, I can say he’s too brash which relates nicely into the central theme. The other characters are formed just to make the theme interesting but only one feature binds the character to the overall story.
I do this for all the characters.