• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey!

jw168

Hey everyone! I'm JW, I go under the name JWHighwind on most other places on the internet, but just JW is cool.

I've been trying to make a habit out of writing (or at least something related to it) lately, and so I've been slowly polishing/chipping away at my first cohesive world. Its inspired a lot by Square Enix RPGs among other things, and the idea for it is "what would it be like if a retro JRPG had fantasy novel conventions?" In casual conversation, though, I usually tell people "Final Fantasy IV plus IX and/or Avatar: The Last Airbender with the Infinity Stones." I mostly keep work on it to myself, but I've put up a (rather long) proof-of-concept short story online.

I'm more of a hobbyist for creative writing if anything, since most of my writing is dedicated to school or my career hopes, so I'll probably be lurking, mostly. Looking forward to discussing fantasy writing with everyone here, though!

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, JW. Lurking is allowed! While doing so, you could try searching or browsing through the forums; there are some really useful threads here, on just about any fantasy-related topic you could think of.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met jw168
Good to have you here.
Lurking can be fun, but you are not a committed, hard-core lurker - you said Hey!
This is a great place to learn and share, or just waste some time.
Enjoy!