• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi all, from a new guy.

Hi all.
My name is Peter Spencer, known locally as granddad gnome. This is on account that I'v spent the last 40 years running by own company making concrete products for the building trade, as well as garden ornaments, (1% of which were Gnomes). My hobby is large scale garden railways and its name is "The Gnome Valley Railway" 6 years ago I had a stroke (trouble is I cant't remember what I stroked) followed by a break down that left me with a mental health problem.Part of my treatment and therapy was to try and keep a daily journal. I found that writing the same thing everyday got on my nerves. On reading in one of my model railway magazines, a short story a chap had written about his railway, I had the idea that perhaps I could do the same.
SO HERE I AM
After researching how to write a story I cane up with the following.
THE GNOME VALLEY TRILOGY
Briefly, this trilogy tells the story as follows,
Part 1 tells the story of how the long forgotten art of making Barley Sugar Pudding was revived.
Part 2 goes on to explain how the brewing of Gnomezade was discovered and the trouble it coursed.
Part 3 is the finally part of the story that explains how the fame of the valley’s manufactured goods and its method of transportation spread all over upper middle earth.
I have never done anything like this before and I am finding it very good therapy. I have written 3 chapter up to now, but my problem is , having this mental health problem I feel I need someone to proof read, correct spelling and punctuation. I don't know if there are such places or people.
Your help would be most appreciated.

Leif GS Notae

Closed Account
Greetings and welcome, granddad gnome. I am sure there are many people here who can assist or at least get you pointed in the right direction. We can all use good therapy, I think that is what writing is all about. To explore the darker and seedier sides of us all at times.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to the community, grandad gnome! I'm fairly new here myself and I have to say that I think it's an awesome website! Everyone is very supportive and there are a lot of incredibly interesting topics to discuss. I look forward to gettingn to know you and every other member of Mythic Scribes.

Once you are all done you can always have an editor run over the work with you.

I know a few so let me know if that is something you would like.

As for your work I honestly say that it sounds very interesting :D

Looking forward to hearing more from you.
~BL~

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Writing is certainly good therapy... also gave me something to do on the MTR* when I lived in Hong Kong.

Welcome, Granddad Gnome!

*MTR = Mass Transit Rail
I didn't say subway because in British English, subway = underpass (for walking under a road)